Author Topic: Hotel News & Gossip  (Read 310914 times)

Offline Ian

• Administrator
Re: Hotel News & Gossip
« Reply #300 on: April 05, 2015, 08:53:44 am »
I've contacted their corporate office to let them know. but here's the proof if they're very quick about changing it:

[smg id=3317]
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #301 on: April 05, 2015, 08:59:45 am »
Terrible------------cars everywhere !
Normal day in Llandudno then?  :laugh:

More or less Dave, same cars going round and round chasing spaces, then parking on corners, pavements and double yellow lines. Last week we even had a huge coach parked immediately below a no coaches sign.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Gwynant

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #302 on: April 05, 2015, 09:21:36 am »

[smg id=3317]
[/quote]
           The only way Liverpool Airport is under 50 miles away from Llandudno is if you are travelling by plane already! More like 65 miles away, or 40 "as the crow flies."

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #303 on: April 05, 2015, 11:34:38 am »
67.1 miles according to Google Maps.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #304 on: April 05, 2015, 02:11:04 pm »
I have a couple of observations to make about the new Travelodge after my recent visit.

Firstly, there is a trip hazard greeting guests when they walk out of the front door with a grey slate step about four foot from the front door.

Secondly, somebody has done a fantastic job with the paving slabs out on the pavement. It would be wonderful if the same people could return and do a similar job throughout Mostyn Street.

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #305 on: April 05, 2015, 09:18:47 pm »
Hello nemesis not surprised at coach being parked immediately under a no coaches sign. To my knowledge Llandudno and Conwy are the only two places in the uk that get away with this blanket ba n without any yellow lines or anything. Even London does ent go that far. Mike

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #306 on: April 05, 2015, 10:21:51 pm »
It seems to me that the Travelodge Website ignores the fact that Llandudno Railway Station is half a mile away, and they have confused it with The Junction.   Still a stupid mistake though.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #307 on: April 06, 2015, 06:23:19 am »
I wonder if it meant to say the beach is half a mile away & the railway station a mile away.
As far as confusing Llandudno & Llandudno Junction stations, that happens all the time, even within the railway.
Valar Morghulis

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #308 on: April 06, 2015, 09:24:56 pm »
Secondly, somebody has done a fantastic job with the paving slabs out on the pavement. It would be wonderful if the same people could return and do a similar job throughout Mostyn Street.
I understand money has been allocated in CCBC's Capital Programme to refurbish the pavements along Mostyn St.

Now they just need to bring the original Victorian street lamps back into use and we will be getting somewhere.

Online Hugo

« Reply #309 on: April 06, 2015, 10:48:29 pm »
At least with the Victorian street lamps CCBC will only have to fund half the price of the street lights as we know that Edward Hiller on behalf of Mostyn Estates has agreed to match pound for pound the money needed to buy these lights.        :o

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #310 on: April 07, 2015, 11:30:14 pm »
I understand money has been allocated in CCBC's Capital Programme to refurbish the pavements along Mostyn St.

Now they just need to bring the original Victorian street lamps back into use and we will be getting somewhere.

I can see it now, they will choose to do the work either during the May Extravaganza, or August Bank Holiday.
Thus causing additional CHAOS!!    :-X :-X
Fester...

Offline systema

« Reply #311 on: April 08, 2015, 08:32:49 am »
I emailed the Press Office Travelodge on Monday morning telling them of the mistakes and received a reply today to say they have changed it and just checked and they have. 

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #312 on: April 09, 2015, 10:50:30 am »
Workmen back on the scene today at the Clarence installing more pumps in the basement and shoring the building up where it has started to shift !
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #313 on: April 09, 2015, 11:09:43 am »
Workmen back on the scene today at the Clarence installing more pumps in the basement and shoring the building up where it has started to shift !

:o :o
I thought it didn't look very hospitable when I passed by today, lots of 'workmen', some sitting in chairs outside, getting a sun tan!
Fester...

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #314 on: April 10, 2015, 11:42:28 am »
I wonder if the water problem is anything to do with the Ffynnon Tyn Y Pwll well that is underneath the Seilo Chapel across the road?

http://www.greatorme.org.uk/wells.html