Author Topic: Hotel News & Gossip  (Read 308912 times)

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
Re: Hotel News & Gossip
« Reply #195 on: September 18, 2014, 08:49:52 pm »
No way should the Clarence be taking bookings.....they are MONTHS behind, although the roof and windows are in place, there looks to be a good few months work to do yet.
Anyone fancy a little bet?   I say MARCH 2015 opening, at best.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline FatAndy

« Reply #196 on: September 18, 2014, 10:16:52 pm »
The Travelodge patrons will park in exactly the same places as the Clarence hotel patrons and the Premier inn will park in the station car park which has never been full yet.

Most of the Clarence's patrons came on coach trips so I don't think it would be feasible to expect Travelodge's patrons to drive over to Leeds, park in the driveways of OAPs living there and then hop on a coach to get back.  What Travelodge should do is make Conwy Council an offer they can't refuse for the car park on Gloddaeth Street, resurface it, stick in a barrier controlled pay & display system, allocate enough of the car park for their patrons and open the rest to the public.
"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."

Emo Philips

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #197 on: September 19, 2014, 08:43:05 am »
Can you imagine the people of today walking from Gloddaeth Street with luggage, kids, dogs and whatever in driving rain and the wind that blows from the West Shore in Winter?
I can't, some folk expect their cars at the door, or some poor soul fetching same from the car park. Just had a prime example--- too lazy to walk up 3 steps to the car park. Poor husband (hers) having to drive car to front to pick her up !

Fester-- just chat to some of the workforce at the Clarence, I think they fear for their lives at times !
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #198 on: September 19, 2014, 09:07:19 am »
What Travelodge should do is make Conwy Council an offer they can't refuse for the car park on Gloddaeth Street, resurface it, stick in a barrier controlled pay & display system, allocate enough of the car park for their patrons and open the rest to the public.

Except that I think you will find that the car parks are on rather short term lease from Mostyn Estates.  The Maelgwyn Road park's lease expired a few years ago and the site is, I believe, earmarked for dwellings.  There was an arrangement some years ago with the Grand Hotel for this car park to be used by its patrons but that ended.
 ZXZ
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #199 on: September 19, 2014, 03:45:12 pm »
They all have nice new signs on them now,Maelgwyn rd 170 spaces,lots of new sign post going up allover ,not sure what is going on the posts.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #200 on: September 19, 2014, 05:21:04 pm »
Very strange directions for various 'attractions' one for the museum seems totally off in it's directions. It appears to point down Maelgwyn Road.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #201 on: September 19, 2014, 05:26:59 pm »
I think it means parking Nem but how are tourists supposed to know that.

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #202 on: September 19, 2014, 05:39:03 pm »
Very strange directions for various 'attractions' one for the museum seems totally off in it's directions. It appears to point down Maelgwyn Road.
Remembered seeing this on the recent  "Local Development Plan"......

4.5 Pedestrian Wayfinding Signs – There are a variety of pedestrian wayfinding signs
throughout the Conservation Areas with no recognisable co-ordinated approach. This leads
to street clutter and confusion for locals and visitors. Directional signage should aim
towards giving a focus to the Conservation Areas. The introduction of new wayfinding
systems must be undertaken as part of a co-ordinated approach to reduce street clutter by
removing superfluous signage. Brown tourist signs, for example, should ideally be
removed from within the Conservation Areas and replaced with heritage finger pointing
signs. Historic finger pointing signs and other historic signage should be retained.
Maintenance of the new navigation systems is also essential to prevent vandalism and
ensure their usefulness in the long term.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #203 on: September 20, 2014, 08:28:01 am »
I think it means parking Nem but how are tourists supposed to know that.

Exactly Wrex and by the amount of sign poles left to fill I dread to think how many there are going to be-- and they are huge sign poles !

Offline SteveH

« Reply #204 on: November 04, 2014, 10:53:33 am »
Deganwy Quay Hotel sold five months after going on market for £7m

The hotel and spa, which employs around 110 staff in the summer months, went on the market after administrators were called in to its holding company.
The 74 bedroom hotel itself did not enter administration and continued to operate and is on course to enjoy its most successful year since it was opened in 2006.
Now a deal has been done with investors Inspire Ltd.

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/business/business-news/deganwy-quay-hotel-sold-five-8041323

Offline SteveH

« Reply #205 on: November 05, 2014, 10:23:23 am »
Llandudno budget hotel faces opening delay

A NEW budget hotel for Llandudno has caused panic for festive visitors with news that its opening date is being delayed.
http://www.northwalespioneer.co.uk/news/140329/llandudno-budget-hotel-faces-opening-delay.apxs

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #206 on: November 05, 2014, 10:27:20 am »

A NEW budget hotel for Llandudno has caused panic for festive visitors with news that its opening date is being delayed.
http://www.northwalespioneer.co.uk/news/140329/llandudno-budget-hotel-faces-opening-delay.apxs
I love the comment from Cllr Haworth:

“I walk past the building every day and I am confident that it is going to become a prominent feature on the Promenade once it finally opens.”

:laugh:  :laugh:

Offline SteveH

« Reply #207 on: November 05, 2014, 10:40:17 am »
I love the comment from Cllr Haworth:
“I walk past the building every day and I am confident that it is going to become a prominent feature on the Promenade once it finally opens.”
 :laugh:  :laugh:

Llandudno street maps available from the library .....THATS ON MOSTYN STREET...... :twoface:

Offline Blongb

• I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #208 on: December 15, 2014, 06:30:41 pm »
I haven't had it confirmed yet but it's just possible the Headlands Hotel has sold.  ££$ and Bon Voyage Ray.
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline andrea1976

« Reply #209 on: January 02, 2015, 08:28:03 pm »
hi everyone happy new year.has anyone heard anymore on when the clarence is due to open. ;D