Author Topic: Hotel News & Gossip  (Read 308751 times)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Re: Hotel News & Gossip
« Reply #135 on: July 13, 2014, 05:01:49 pm »
I think the Planning Application shows a small restaurant in the foyer of the Premier Inn.

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #136 on: July 13, 2014, 05:31:39 pm »
Thanks to TheMedz

re new Travelodge in Llandudno

Just booked 3 nights in December, double room for total £72.00
 $good$  $good$

Good luck !!!! Hope it is finished !!!!!
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline 1_rob_1

« Reply #137 on: July 13, 2014, 06:57:48 pm »
Thanks to TheMedz

re new Travelodge in Llandudno

Just booked 2 nights in February, should be finished by then  :D double room Fri/Sat for total £50  D)

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #138 on: July 13, 2014, 07:04:45 pm »
Just as a matter of interest where do you nomalely stay.

Offline 1_rob_1

« Reply #139 on: July 13, 2014, 09:47:58 pm »
Normally we stay in various B&Bs, we do have our favourites but tend to vary a little, Llandudno has a good selection of quality B&Bs.

Ive only stayed in one terrible Llandudno hotel over the years but I suppose I shouldnt name & shame it - I have heard that the fire damage to it has now been repaired & the scaffolding is now being removed.   WWW

I'm not sure that a Travelodge or another Premier Inn are a good thing for the town because of their low prices, especially out of season. The B&Bs/Guesthouses will probably lose a lot of custom but the retail trade (shops) will probably do better. They may also attract undesirables due to the cost.

I visit & stay in Llandudno approx 5 times per year & if the Travelodge is ok I will probably use it again as long as I can book a 'saver' room. If I have to pay their full price then I will use a B&B.

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #140 on: July 14, 2014, 10:04:30 am »
. They may also attract undesirables due to the cost.

Who would these 'undesirables' be exactly?

Offline Cordyline

« Reply #141 on: July 14, 2014, 10:56:49 am »
Good luck !!!! Hope it is finished !!!!!

We stay in the Llandudno area several times a year; We have four visits already lined up this year

In the past I have asked if any members of Three Towns own Hotels etc with no reply

Ideally we would like a holiday home in the area, due to family commitments this is not possible just yet  :'(  :'(

Offline 1_rob_1

« Reply #142 on: July 14, 2014, 12:08:34 pm »

They could attract stag/hen parties or groups of troublemakers etc. intent on having a 'good time' disregarding what others think.
These could lower the tone of the area & intimidate a lot of the quieter folk, whether intentionally or unintentionally.
I'm sure that the last thing Llandudno wants is to eventually turn into another Blackpool.  :o
I may be exaggerating the issue - but in the future - - who knows???

Wetherspoons profits are about too soar.  Z**

I know that there is the argument that there is not enough nightlife in Llandudno for its own teenagers/youths but at least in general they respect their own town.

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #143 on: July 14, 2014, 12:18:08 pm »

They could attract stag/hen parties or groups of troublemakers etc. intent on having a 'good time' disregarding what others think.
These could lower the tone of the area & intimidate a lot of the quieter folk, whether intentionally or unintentionally.

I see your point but Llandudno needs something, the old people who come now are not going to live forever. Stag/Hen parties would at least get some business into the town, the pubs would be happy I'm sure! I don't think you have anything to worry about though, Llandudno does not have an image of anything other than a dreary resort for the very elderly and decrepit and I can't see it changing any time soon.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 02:31:10 pm by Ian »

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #144 on: July 14, 2014, 12:53:41 pm »
Llandudno does not have an image of anything other than a dreary resort for the very elderly and decrepit and I can't see it changing any time soon.
Perhaps we could invent an unbelievably tenuous link with a victorian children's book and spend many thousands of pounds trying to entice people to visit the town using that? Oh wait...

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #145 on: July 19, 2014, 09:28:42 am »
Back to subject--- Can anyone enlighten me as to the goings on at the Queen Vic? Someone who ate there last night seems to think that they are doing some clearing out.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Cat Stevens

« Reply #146 on: July 19, 2014, 12:14:25 pm »
The tenants took over the tenancy on a 5 year agreement. Could it be the tenancy is coming to an end. Work it out have they been there five years. Only they would know if they haven't come to an arrangement with Marstons over a new term. Or it may be a rent issue as a new argeement would involve a new rent ££££!££!. Look at the London their rent was £50k and they are surrounded by pubs and eateries. The tenant at the London would only make £1.02 on a pint of Fosters which they sold at £3.50 something. My guess is that they may have considered the new rent payable. The work involved and their age not forgetting the hotel they own which doesn't seem to be very busy  . Any thoughts anyone!!!

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #147 on: July 19, 2014, 07:09:34 pm »
The licensees of the Vic, have been informing their hotel Guests (The Elm Tree) that they are pulling out of the pub and are concentrating on the Hotel from now on.

That has been conveyed to me, but I thought that the Elm Tree was up for sale, so I'm a little puzzled.

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #148 on: July 19, 2014, 08:20:35 pm »

Offline Cat Stevens

« Reply #149 on: July 19, 2014, 10:03:12 pm »
Bought run down bankrupt hotel for 250k spent 100k and placed on market for 645k.
 So it hasn't sold.  If you spend an hour on the internet and u really will discover how many hotels are for sale. Then of course here come the big corporate budget hotels with their central reservation systems and their corporate marketing.  So who in their right mind would spend 645k on a hotel which was bankrupt two years ago.