The Local > Local News & Discussion

Hotel News & Gossip

<< < (2/193) > >>

Bri Roberts:
I don’t think you need to be a NT member to do all of that.

As for making a profit, Yorkie, do you really think Historic Hotels Ltd would have handed over their hotels to the National Trust if they were profitable?

It occurs to me the NT may now be picking up the annual maintenance costs so the owners can continue to trade without any real benefits to the membership of NT.

DaveR:

--- Quote from: Bri Roberts on April 09, 2011, 01:42:48 pm ---As for making a profit, Yorkie, do you really think Historic Hotels Ltd would have handed over their hotels to the National Trust if they were profitable?

--- End quote ---
The NT would never have accepted them otherwise - I believe they are highly profitable.

Bri Roberts:
If they were so profitable why did the directors dispose of their properties ?

Where is your evidence thay were highly profitable or is it simply hearsay ?

Today. what is the benefit to members of the NT ?

DaveR:

--- Quote from: Bri Roberts on April 09, 2011, 09:36:10 pm ---If they were so profitable why did the directors dispose of their properties ?

Where is your evidence thay were highly profitable or is it simply hearsay ?

Today. what is the benefit to members of the NT ?

--- End quote ---
Well, people do things for reasons other than money you know! According to their website, the company was set up 30 years ago to rescue old country houses, with the ultimate aim of them becoming properties of the NT. Obviously, the donation in 2008 was the culmination of that original plan.

The hotels and the antique contents are obviously worth a lot of money and could easily have had their contents sold off by auction and then the building converted into apartments etc. Instead, they were donated to the NT - that seems like a good thing to me?  :)

Bri Roberts:
It all sounds very philanthropic but did your research manage to reveal why it took the company such a long time to get round to donating the property ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version