Members' Lounge > The 3 Towns Arcade

Thought For The Day

<< < (6/6)

SteveH:
Spare a thought.................

There has been a lot in the press, about the problems at Festival No 6.....this report shows just how bad it is.......

misery in Festival No 6 park and ride hell.
Video's   .... http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/eight-hours-misery-festival-no-11843355

Ian:
That must have been a nightmare.

Fester:
I can't get my head around the bravery of the fire brigade officers and other rescue teams who dare to work inside the burnt out Grenfell Tower.
It's not just the sheer horror of what they'll discover within, to me it's the fear of collapse of the structure itself.
Hats off to them all.

Nemesis:
They cannot think that is safe as they have shut 2 underground stations for fear of vibration from the trains bringing more debris, or indeed the whole thing down.

SteveH:

--- Quote from: Fester on June 17, 2017, 03:46:23 pm ---I can't get my head around the bravery of the fire brigade officers and other rescue teams who dare to work inside the burnt out Grenfell Tower.
It's not just the sheer horror of what they'll discover within, to me it's the fear of collapse of the structure itself.
Hats off to them all.

--- End quote ---
I watched them trying to get into the tower, using shields to protect themselves from falling burning debris, they are unbelievably brave, it did bring back past memories.

I think I have mentioned before, that my father was a fireman, in 1960 he was involved in the Cheapside fire disaster in Glasgow, the building they were attending was a whiskey bond in an old part of the city with very narrow streets, they managed to get engines in, but were very close to the building, unfortunately the building blew up, killing 19 firemen, my father survived, simply because he was on day shift, and was not called in until after the explosion.

I have copies of the official photos taken afterwards, the first one is the engine my father would have been on, the second you can just make out the chassis of another.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version