Author Topic: Llandudno Donkeys  (Read 492 times)

Offline Rabster

Llandudno Donkeys
« on: April 09, 2024, 02:03:15 pm »
As a child i used to holiday in Llandudno at an aunt who resided in Craig-y-don.  Sadly aunt died in 1988 and also I lost my mum last year.

In mums will there is a small legacy for Llandudno donkeys which, as executor, I am trying to complete.

Would anyone know if the donkeys that used to go to the beach are still going please - or newer donkeys if the older ones have gone to donkey heaven?

I understand the chap who ran the donkeys was called John however all avenues have come to nothing.

I am also aware that sand has been removed from Llandudno beach and replaced with rocks so it may be the donkeys there have completely finished.

Any info for John or the donkeys is gratefully received so as I can ensure mums wishes are completed.

Thanks in advance

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
Re: Llandudno Donkeys
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2024, 09:57:49 am »
I have found Llandudno Tourist centre, to be helpful in the past, good luck........

https://www.visitconwy.org.uk/information/product-catch-all/tourist-information-centre-llandudno-p321161

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2024, 10:49:06 am »
Rabster, there is a Facebook page for the Llandudno Donkeys run by John K Jones.

Good luck.

Meanwhile, I will post your message on his page.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2024, 12:48:45 pm »
Rabster, I have just sent you a private message enclosing further details.

Good luck.

Offline BrianP

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2024, 09:00:30 pm »
I hope to learn about a distant relation who worked with donkeys on the beach at Llandudno, and I have requested to join the Llandudno Donkeys group on facebook.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2024, 09:45:18 am »
Robster,  that was a wonderful gesture by your mother and I'm sure that it will be gratefully appreciated

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2024, 11:51:31 am »
I totally agree, Hugo, but I wish Rabster would return and confirm he/she has since received my private message providing him/her with the details he/she has been seeking.

Offline Rabster

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2024, 08:49:31 am »
For Bri Roberts

My email is active and ticked to receive messages from posters.

Please can you resend and I will recheck - it could have gone to spam and been deleted.

For Hugo

Mum spent a lot of her younger life in the town with her aunt before I was born and after when we came to holiday there.  She stated when she did her will, for me to ensure that a small donation is made to both the donkeys, punch and judy man (I am in contact with him) and also Llandudno lifeboat specifically (I am speaking to them directly as well) so you can see her love for the town over all her years never faded.  I am merely trying to carry out her wishes as her executor and am grateful for all support anyone can assist me with as I dont do facebook or social media.

I am a him!!

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2024, 03:20:28 pm »
Sent again.

Offline Rabster

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2024, 09:59:55 pm »
Bri

I have nothing on my actual outlook email account, no spam, no email, nothing.
I have have nothing in my messages on this forum so no ideas where they are being sent or placed but I am not getting them.
Thanks for trying to contact however if you can steer me to where the messages are I can try again.
Thank you

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2024, 03:00:57 am »
May I suggest you send an email to me at bri.roberts@btinternet.com and I can then send you direct the required address and contact telephone number?

Offline Rabster

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2024, 11:23:57 am »
Have done - thank you