The Local > Genealogy & Research

Lloyd Street, Llandudno

(1/6) > >>

Mrs Suckersby:
Anyone know where Almira, is or was on Lloyd Street please.

Hugo:
Sorry but I can't help you with this, over the years the buildings have changed and possibly the names of the houses too.   In the Conwy Archives they do have address books for Llandudno covering a number of years from 1911 to about 1963 and they list every house in Llandudno,  perhaps they can give you the information you are looking for.

Meleri:
As Hugo has said the house names changed so much over the years. I have looked on the 1881 1901 & 1911 Census but they only gave the house names no numbers & Almira didn't come up. On the 1939 Register it came up & either side was Madryn & Ashford, the Parry family lived there at that time. There are a few newspaper articles in the Archived North Wales Weekly News of the Parry family, but no house number.
A lot of the large houses on Lloyd Street were pulled down & flats built, so it could be that it doesn't exist anymore.

Mrs Suckersby:
Thank you Hugo and Meleri, your information has been very helpful, this can now give me a way forward.  My Father lived at Cadnant, opposite Lloyd Street School in the 1930?s and it?s connected to this Almira query.

Hugo:
That's a really good find Meleri and it pinpoints exactly where Almira was but unfortunately all three house names seem to have gone and been replaced with house numbers
The address books in Conwy Archives may give more details and from memory they have one for 1939 and one for about 1962    If you wish, I'll gladly go to the Archives and have a look for you as there is something else I need to see there

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version