The Local > Genealogy & Research

Llandudno Residents in 1905 - Llandudno Advertiser

(1/2) > >>

Cambrian:
I came across this online list of streets and main occupiers quite by accident.  It may be of interest to anyone doing research in future.

Incidentally, the website is hosted by the National Library of Wales and gives free - yes free -access to newspapers from 1700s up to 1919 provided they have been digitised which fortunately includes most of our local papers.

Here's the link: https://newspapers.library.wales/view/3654436/3654439

Hugo:
That's a fascinating piece of history Cambrian.    I could see that  my G Grandfather was living in Clifton Road in 1905.       If my memory is correct the Llandudno Advertiser even had a list of guests staying in the hotels and boarding houses
It's nice to reflect back on the early Llandudno

Micox:
 :-\Can't see Back Madoc Street where my Mam was born.

Hugo:
These are the only photos I have of Back Madoc Street but I do remember going to Sam Owens scrap yard there and also Billy Wright's cafe.     The cafe was very popular in its time, especially for breakfasts
Hope that you are keeping well over there in Norfolk

Micox:
Hi Hugo. Practically live in Billy Wrights - especially when Beryl was serving. The cottages were further up the street on the right (looking at Westies). They went off at right angles and had stables there as well. They're all on the 1911 census and I think where Mam was born was called 'Jones' Yard.' I can remember seeing them when a youngster but they were all derelict then.

Thanks for asking. I'm OK but brickbound now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version