The Local > Genealogy & Research

Stoaas Rogerson

(1/2) > >>

anneelaine:
Hello ,i am back ,just need a little help ,I have found a child in the 1921 censer Stoaas
Rogerson
Caernarvonshire, Wales
Llangwstennin
Conway
Caernarvonshire . 
 I cannot find a death or anything about him his name ,I have never hear of, just found him a week ago .
Thanks Anneelaine

anneelaine:
I think the name should read  stoas Rogerson

Cambrian:
Hi anneline - good to hear you are still researching and nice to have family history on the forum again.

I think you may be referring to Thomas Rogerson who was born in the first quarter of 1915; his mother's maiden name is Roberts so could fit with your existing information. Register reference is DUDNO 07/47.  If it is the same person he was born 12/2/15 and died in 1995.

One fact which has come to light is in the North Wales Weekly News of 12th October, 1916.  It is reported that a Tribunal considered the application of W B Rogerson, aged 39, of Pensarn Farm, Llangwstennin for total exemption from military service. He was described as a farmer, gravedigger and munition worker. A conditional exemption was allowed.

Hope this helps.

Reepicheep:
It clearly says Thomas on the original but it is a very curly T. I have put in a correction.
(The line below is Iorwerth which is transcribed as Lormesth.)

Helig:
Thomas Rogerson can be found in the 1939 register where he is living at Bodysgallen Hall and he is working as an Under Gardener there.

Thomas Rogerson of 3 Peel St, Abergele, died 23 June 1995 and Administration was given in Liverpool for his Estate which had a value of less than ?145,000.

His parents were William Bell Rogerson and Mary Alice Roberts. William was born 1877 Bangor and died 1940 in Liverpool. They had other children before Thomas was born.

There are some Family Trees on Ancestry which include some photos of them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version