The Local > Genealogy & Research

Avallon Avenue, Llandudno Junction.

(1/2) > >>

Helig:
I have been beavering away at the 1921 census and found my gt grandmother, Mary Ackerley, living in 6 Avallon Avenue, Llandudno Junction. She has my grandparents, plus three of her daughters and four grandchildren living with her. That makes a total of ten people living there in 1921. I have looked at Google Maps and am not sure if the present properties would have been there at that time. They seem too new. Does anyone know what sort of houses would have been there back then?

Mary Ackerley died in 1929 and on the details of Probate her address is shown as Gwernor, 6 Avallon Avenue, Llandudno Junction.

Cambrian:
I think they are the same houses Helig.  Substantial changes have been made to some in the last 30 - 40 years which explains the "modern" look of a few of them.

Meleri:
No 6 was sold in January this year so the sales particulars are still visible. It has 5 bedrooms so plenty of room for 10 people. My Grandparents lived on a road nearby in a house very similar. If you Google 'Rightmove sold house prices Llandudno Junction'. Then a list will come up of details, you will see a box in the middle at the top with 'Llandudno Junction', put 'Avallon Avenue' in front of it & search. This will bring the 26 photos & information regarding the house. There is also a room plan for you to see the layout on all 4 floors.

Helig:
Thank you for this information. I have done the search you suggested, Meleri and succeeded in getting the photos etc. It doesn't look bad at all.

Meleri:
During WW2 there were 5 people living in my Grandparents house & as they had 5 bedrooms & a front parlour it was deemed they could take in two more families that had been bombed out from Liverpool. So in all there were 12 people. Fortunately they had a toilet at the bottom of the yard if desperate. The rooms at No 6 appear large, so not bad at all.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version