Members' Lounge > Hobbies and Interests

Boom Radio

(1/1)

DVT:
Today (14 August 2022) is 55 years since the pirate radio stations closed down - anyone of a certain age will remember Radio Caroline North off the Manx coast, there was also Caroline South off Essex and Radio London was the other big one.

I gave up listening to Radio 1 years ago, could not stand all the (c)rap.  Recently I feel Radio 2 is going the same way, Ken Bruce possibly being the only acceptable DJ on there now, as for the rest I don't want to know about who is going to be on Strictly or any other such telly programmes.

So, who has now tuned in to BOOM RADIO ?  Specially for us Boomers - you can get it on DAB Plus, also on your computer/tablet (https://www.boomradiouk.com/player/) ... most of what they play is music from the 1950's, 60's and 70's with the occasional new one if it's a good one (not many are these days).

Unlike Radio 2 they do not just play the well known hits, they play some more obscure ones and often B sides (when your music came on a round black disc with something on each side!) which were sometimes better than the A side!

If you do have DAB+ then scan until you find it!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version