Author Topic: Unthinking Tourists  (Read 5612 times)

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
Unthinking Tourists
« on: July 28, 2022, 10:19:54 am »
I/We usually post stories of Unthinking Tourists in the walking section, which is unfair to genuine walkers, hence this new thread, by the way, I decided on this title after realising that Ian would not accept my previous headings, I am open to better ideas......

'Crazy' visitors abandon still-lit BBQ with burning burgers at fire-risk beauty spot in Snowdonia
A local who found the BBQ believes it was lucky fire didn't break out in Gwydir Forest, part of the National Forest for Wales

Read more and comments https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/crazy-visitors-abandon-still-lit-24605882?IYA-reg=49560bcd-5a9c-47f0-8fc5-ba2e71710589#comments-wrapper
« Last Edit: July 28, 2022, 12:56:29 pm by Ian »

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
Re: Unthinking Tourists
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2022, 02:44:40 pm »
Absolute morons, what on earth are they thinking of in their tiny minds

I was speaking to a Forest Ranger last night and they said that more trouble is caused at Llyn Geirionydd than in the much more popular Newborough Forest 

Offline SteveH

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2022, 03:24:01 pm »
Absolute morons, what on earth are they thinking of in their tiny minds

I was speaking to a Forest Ranger last night and they said that more trouble is caused at Llyn Geirionydd than in the much more popular Newborough Forest

Hugo, is Absolute morons your suggestion for a title for this page  ;)  also, I think I would not be a happy chappie living in the old house,
the tranquil scenery and wild life will soon move on if this continues,

Offline Hugo

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2022, 05:21:55 pm »
You were lucky living in your old house when you did Steve.   Times have changed since then and some people have little respect for people and places.      I still believe that there are more good people than bad, but it's those bad ones that give everyone a bad name.
During lockdown the same ilk were wild camping near Llyn Geirionydd and causing trouble there.
They hurled verbal abuse at the Forest Rangers who asked them to move on and even when the Police were called these morons verbally abused the Police too.
They have no respect for anyone, including themselves, it's sad the way things are going

Offline Helig

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2022, 10:29:38 am »
There must be DNA on some of those items. Could be they are on another database held by Police. I think a tourist tax might help to clear up their mess.

Offline mull

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2022, 10:51:13 am »
Calgary Bay , north west end of Mull.

Small toilet block is now looked after by a few locals after the council decided they could not afford to run it, how do councils get away with that ?
Some morons are stealing the toilet rolls and on occasion motor home owners are lifting the grating outside to empty their toilet tanks. The system is then blocked because can not cope and is not built for this type of use. There are plenty of campsites that are built for this service but these morons are not prepared to pay for their use. There have been cases of some of them going into small burial grounds to defecate behind the walls.
This behaviour has been going on all over the west highlands for the past 2 years , and the locals are getting fed up with it.

Wish they would all b------r off back to Benidorm.

Offline Helig

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2022, 10:13:46 am »
It makes you wonder what their home surroundings are like. Do they treat their local area in the same way? Is it a case of anything goes when they venture off on holiday?

I should have thought the council has a civic duty to clean and keep the toilet block in a decent state. There are health and safety issues after all. May be the locals who do the work should send the council an invoice for their services.

Reading this it looks as though the councils have to close them if they are not prepared to operate them:

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/17312742.crisis-scotlands-council-run-toilets-one-three-face-sold-off-closed/

Offline SteveH

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2022, 10:47:05 am »
Reading Helig's post, gave me a new title for this thread, a word which is being heard more and more these day's...

entitled
/ɪnˈtʌɪt(ə)ld/
Learn to pronounce
adjective
believing oneself to be inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment.
"kids who feel so entitled and think the world will revolve around them"

Ian what do you think ?   Entitled Tourists

Offline Hugo

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2022, 10:53:22 am »
I suppose you could add this bunch to the "Entitled " list.        Entitled to have free electricity and water?       If I was a betting man I would have a guess that this group belong to the untouchables and beyond the rule of law and order or so it seems!

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/caravans-pitched-up-north-wales-24618740

Offline Helig

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2022, 11:44:24 am »
Steve,

I read your post about the heading for this board and wondered about using "The Trouble with Tourists".

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2022, 11:52:40 am »
Reading Helig's post, gave me a new title for this thread, a word which is being heard more and more these day's...

entitled
/ɪnˈtʌɪt(ə)ld/
Learn to pronounce
adjective
believing oneself to be inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment.
"kids who feel so entitled and think the world will revolve around them"

Ian what do you think ?   Entitled Tourists

Steve: sorry.  Missed this post. It's up to you, really. I might have gone for something a little harder hitting myself.  'The Mendacious Minority' appealed. 
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2022, 02:07:40 pm »
Thanks Helig and Ian, I'll keep it open for awhile, it's interesting seeing the suggestions.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2022, 10:15:53 am »
As the UNTHINKING cannot be trusted, this should be rolled out nationwide, there are safer alternatives available.

Marks & Spencer ban sale of disposable barbecues in all UK stores
Campaigners are calling for a flat out ban after the barbecues were found to be the cause of several fires during the heatwave

Marks & Spencer has confirmed that disposable barbecues will no longer be sold in any of its stores across the UK. The retail giant made the move in a bid to help the environment.

Environmental activists and fire and rescue services have long called for a ban on the items. Now, M&S is following other leading supermarkets, including Aldi and Waitrose by banning them.

cont  https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/marks--spencer-ban-sale-24667276

Offline SteveH

« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2022, 02:13:06 pm »
Update on above.....

Tesco and Sainsburys latest supermarkets to ban this one item from all stores
It comes after Aldi, Waitrose, and Marks & Spencer have already introduced the ban

cont https://www.dailypost.co.uk/whats-on/shopping/tesco-sainsburys-latest-supermarkets-ban-24748272

Offline SteveH

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2022, 10:10:13 am »
A wildfire in Flintshire last night was caused by an unattended barbecue, the Fire Service have confirmed.

North Wales Fire and Rescue Service tackled the blaze for almost three hours in Talacre on Friday evening.

The service received a number of calls at 8.27pm on August 12 and responded by sending three units.

Approximately 200 sq metres of grass was damaged as a result.