Members' Lounge > Obits

Re: Penrhyn Stanley

(1/1)

SAJ:
I have just been received the sad news of the death of my cousin David Penrhyn Stanley, or “Spud” to his friends. Born 1947, I know that he was a familiar face around Llandudno and was known to Hugo and possibly other Forum members.

Hugo:
I'm so sorry to hear that sad news SAJ,   Spud as everyone called him was a close friend and near neighbour for many years  and will be sadly missed by everyone who knew him.

norman08:
So sorry to hear this news I got a call this morning 😢  Spud as we all called him was one great guy always smiling he will be sadly missed by many,  RIP Spud you will be with Ann now.

Hugo:
I was thinking about Spud last night and how nice it was growing up in Cwm Place and Ffordd Las as children and teenagers.   I came across some early photos of Spud and the first one is as a baby with his parents Merfyn and Gwyneth on the Pier.
I remember the second photo quite clearly and it was taken outside St John's Church Llandudno and it may have been a May Day parade.
Spud is looking out and his cousin Derek is on the right and I'm there somewhere dressed as a Chimney Sweep.
The third is on the wall of Jeff Berrington's house.   Left to right  Jeff (RIP)  me and Micky Kirkham.  Spud (RIP) is lying across us
It brought back some nice memories at this sad time and my thoughts are with his famil and friends now

lizcj:
Thank you so much for posting these, I know you'd shown them to me before but I hadn't saved them and neither I nor SAJ (mum) could find them when we searched.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version