The Local > Covid-19

Covid19............International travel

<< < (12/12)

Ian:
Perhaps after she lands?  ;)

SteveH:
Warning to holidaymakers as third of airports hike drop-off fee
Anyone heading to an airport has been told to ?brace themselves?

Drop-off fees for drivers have increased at more than a third of major UK airports in the past year, according to new research. Eight of the 21 airports analysed have raised or introduced charges for dropping off passengers since August 2022, an RAC investigation found.

Drivers should ?brace themselves? for record high fees, the motoring services company said. The biggest upswing in existing so-called kiss and fly charges ? which are typically levied for dropping off someone as close to a terminal as possible ? are at Southampton and Belfast International airports.

cont https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/uk-news/warning-holidaymakers-third-airport-hike-27310958?IYA-reg=49560bcd-5a9c-47f0-8fc5-ba2e71710589

SteveH:
Drug-resistant bug warning to holidaymakers as illness surges through Spain and other Euro resorts
The main symptoms of the disease include fever, severe diarrhoea and stomach pain

Brit holidaymakers have been warned about a potentially deadly stomach bug, spreading in popular tourist hotspots in Europe.

The dangerous shigella sonnei infection - also know as shigellosis - is said to be breaking out in clusters and become resistant to multiple drugs. Experts have singled out tourist destinations in Spain, as well as Germany, Ireland and the Netherlands, reports the MIrror.

cont https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/drug-resistant-bug-warning-holidaymakers-27375820

Dave:
Of the meagre 7 that replied to the survey, I was the only one that said I'd travel when Covid vaccinated.
I wonder how that reads now?
Covid is still about and I have already been to 5 European and 4 worldwide destinations in the last 23 months and I'm heading back to India in the near future.

From a health point of view I have yet to catch so much as a cold when travelling on a plane but managed to get covid post vaccination , probably on a packed tram in Manchester  heading to the Etihad.
We lost too!.

All this scare mongering is ruining lives by those who buy in to it. Might as well take your chance and enjoy life while you can, it could all come to an abrupt end anyway

SteveH:
Travelling with counterfeit goods could land you in jail or facing hefty fines
Donning some knock-off goods isn't unusual, but some countries' rules could see travellers in some trouble

Travelling is an exciting experience that helps you explore new cultures and places and, whether you want to take photos for your Instagram or personal collection, many of us want to look stylish on the go. With the cost of living being so high, you may be tempted to wear counterfeit goods while travelling, but Ben Schreiber from handbag company Latico Leathers warns that doing so could result in a criminal conviction and a hefty fine.

cont https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/uk-news/travelling-counterfeit-goods-could-land-28115968?IYA-reg=49560bcd-5a9c-47f0-8fc5-ba2e71710589

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version