The Local > Genealogy & Research

Eglwysbach graveyards

(1/13) > >>

anneelaine:
 {}{} Hello  again,
Can anyone please tell me, how I can find  who is in graves in Eglwysbach churchyard I'm looking at 1800s
Thanks, AE.

DVT:
Hi anneelaine ...

... I have vsiited every grave in Eglwysbach looking for Thomas's and found a few that are in my family tree, along with a few other links - I have these listed!

... something else I did, a few years ago, was on Findympast.com key in a name I knew was from Eglwysbach (my great-grandfather Lewis Thomas 1821-1899) and when I found his death went to the original document which gave you a page of the burials around the same time - does not say where they;re buried but most are in the church graveyard  You could then scroll the pages back and forth and cover many years, so you could find the name you are looking for.  Same thing with births, baptisms and marriages as in some cases when you can view the original entry, then scan back and forth to see everyone else.  Let me have names if you want me to try and find them.

... you may also find info on here, but you will need to register.

https://billiongraves.com/cemetery/St-Martins-Eglwysbach/289157

https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/search/archives/a714ce58-cd6f-3ae4-8e90-ed430716ef68

Regards
Dave

anneelaine:
Hi, Dave,
I am looking for Thomas Hughes to,  born 1818 Eglwysbach,  thinking I had found him, his father also but!!!!
Now,  think its  NO 
  Do not think now, if I have his mother right, Been told it was Elizabeth  Née Davie Born 1817 death 1877
So I  was going to pop up on the bus to the graveyard and take a look, but what am I looking for. Everyone is called Thomas Hughes $donald$ 
I have Thomas Hughes born  Eglwysbach  1818 death Llandudno 1879. This is true.
 I have a lot of family who have the wrong guy for  him, in their trees and All have put down  Thomas Hughes (1791-1861 791 • Llanasa, Flintshire, Wales
DEATH DEC 1861 • Gwaenysgor, Flintshire,  But he is with his wife, in the grave not one off my grandmothers  Elizabeth Rees
1786–
BIRTH 1786 • Flintshire, Wales
DEATH Unknown But,  she may not be right.
Someone in the family tree had his father as Roger Hughes and his mother as Jane, No dates But,
Thanks AE

anneelaine:
Dave ,
may have found something. On finemypast,
Thomas
1817—
Denbighshire Burials
Eglwysbach, Denbighshire, Wales.
But  I am not on this one
O dear.
AE

Helig:
What definite information do you have please?

Are the dates for his mother correct? If she had been born in 1817, then he would have been born much later than 1818. Do you have a marriage for her?

There is a Genuki on Eglwysbach:

https://www.genuki.org.uk/big/wal/DEN/Eglwysbach

In those days there were many non conformist chapels. It could be he was baptised in one of those. Many of their records didn't survive and nothing is held in the archives.

Thomas Hughes is likely to be a common name around there. You will need to provide all the details for us to try and identify him if we can.

Helig

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version