Author Topic: Covid distractions  (Read 33519 times)

Offline snowcap

• Ad Free Member
Re: Covid distractions
« Reply #45 on: April 20, 2020, 10:58:21 pm »
Just told my toaster what you've said Spotty dog and it popped up to say well done

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #46 on: April 21, 2020, 10:01:38 am »
 _))* _))* _))*
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #47 on: April 21, 2020, 10:40:33 am »
Update on Capt. Tom Moore........... No1  in the music charts, has been suggested for a knighthood, a Spitfire fly past being arranged, opening his new local hospital, and his post office is inundated with 25,000 birthday cards, and his birthday is not until the 30th.   

£27,483,104

And a new parody of David Bowies, Space Oddity, aptly titled not Major, but Capt. Tom   see Youtube David Bowie /Captain Tom Moore Space Oddity/Captain Tom x

Recommended  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiECYd0KBUs

Offline Cordyline

• Management board member
« Reply #48 on: April 22, 2020, 10:27:36 am »
Ring ring --Ring ring

"Hello, Jeremy Corbyn"

"Jeremy, it's me, Diane Abbott -- I'm in Scotland -- Where is Loch Down ?"

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: April 22, 2020, 10:47:56 am »
 _))* _))* _))* _))* _))*
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Offline SteveH

« Reply #50 on: April 23, 2020, 10:50:48 am »
Trim sir.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #51 on: April 26, 2020, 10:19:46 am »
Yuk..........

Offline SteveH

« Reply #52 on: April 27, 2020, 10:39:19 am »
This is very infectious .................. with    _))*     _))*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eT5IGtWmQ-M&t=2s

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #53 on: April 27, 2020, 11:40:21 am »
Excellent!

Offline SteveH

« Reply #54 on: April 28, 2020, 10:19:11 am »
Captain Tom Moore is sent 125,000 cards from around the world ahead of 100th birthday.

The Second World War veteran, widely known as Captain Tom, has raised more than £29 million for the NHS by walking laps of his garden in Bedfordshire.

He has been praised around the world for his fundraising campaign and many have thanked him in the form of a birthday card.

Ahead of his landmark birthday on Thursday, more than 125,000 cards have been sent to Bedford School where his grandson, Benjie Ingram-Moore, attends.

Full article   https://www.northwalespioneer.co.uk/news/18409774.captain-tom-moore-sent-125-000-cards-around-world-ahead-100th-birthday/

PS Unfortunately the previously mentioned Spitfire flypast has been cancelled, re "not essential"

Offline Hugo

« Reply #55 on: April 28, 2020, 11:10:28 am »
China has released the names of their first two victims of the Coronavirus

Offline Hugo

« Reply #56 on: April 29, 2020, 09:27:54 am »
Trump

Offline SteveH

« Reply #57 on: April 30, 2020, 10:14:08 am »
Captain Tom Moore, the war veteran who raised millions for the NHS by walking laps of his garden, has been made an honorary colonel on his 100th birthday.

The occasion has also been marked with an RAF flypast and birthday greetings from the Queen and prime minister.

Capt Tom said it was "extraordinary" to be turning 100, especially with "this many well-wishers".

With celebrations under way, the total he has raised for NHS Charities Together topped £30m.

Head of the Army General Sir Mark Carleton-Smith called Capt Tom "an inspirational role model".

Cont https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-52472132

I am sure we all wish Capt Tom Moore, a very 100th HAPPY BIRTHDAY today, he has received over 125.000 birthday cards and messages, including the Royal family and the Prime Minister.

Captain/Colonel Tom's thanks                                                                      clappinghappy

"In a message to supporters on his 100th birthday, Captain Tom said: "Reaching 100 is quite something. Reaching 100 with such interest in me and huge generosity from the public is very overwhelming.

"People keep saying what I have done is remarkable, however it's actually what you have done for me which is remarkable.

"I felt a little frustrated and disappointed after I broke my hip and it knocked my confidence. However, the past three weeks have put a spring back in my step. I have renewed purpose and have thoroughly enjoyed every second of this exciting adventure, but I can't keep walking forever.

"The donations page will close at midnight this evening. NHS Charities Together still have their urgent appeal, so people can donate to them that way.

"I am going to spend my birthday with my family, both here in person and with my daughter remotely, and then I am going to have a few days' rest. My legs may be tired, but my mind is racing and I'm hoping to be back very soon with other ways in which I can help people, help others."

Offline Cordyline

« Reply #58 on: May 01, 2020, 10:26:30 am »
If you're planning to split up with the missus....

make sure her bags are packed and the taxi is booked for 8pm on a Thursday

so it looks like the whole street is glad to see the back of her!

Offline SteveH

« Reply #59 on: May 03, 2020, 03:59:45 pm »
Just in case....