The Local > Covid-19

Covid-- safe shopping.

(1/16) > >>

Dave:
We are trying our best to minimise our need to go and restock with food, in fact our only experience since last week was me popping out for bread and milk on Monday morning. As supplies were limited to one item when it came to milk and I was shopping for some "at risk" neighbours too I ended up going to two shops.
My experience was as follows

Mid morning Co-op Penrhyn Bay was quiet, well supplied and customers queued in a very orderly fashion keeping 2m apart. A positive experience

Co-op Craig-y-Don doesn't lend itself to orderly queuing and there was no attempt to do so. Two people I suggested kept their distance looked at me as if I was an alien. Both were in the pensioner bracket, one must have been at least mid 70's. A bad experience and a shop I'll now avoid.

If others can share their shopping experiences , recommend well organised shops, or warn against others, it might help all of us self distance more easily at a time when we will all need to go out sooner or later.

Ian:
Good idea, Dave.

SteveH:
Rumour has it, this morning at Asda supposedly, 8 till 9 for NHS and elderly, went completely haywire, they opened the doors to 200 people, in one go, no advice on distance etc, one elderly lady left empty handed she was so scared by the rush of bodies, when someone complained to the manager he shrugged his shoulders, he has been reported to various bodies, now on the other hand apparently at 10am all was civilised, as I said this is social media chat.

Meleri:
My Brother in Law went to Tesco this afternoon & was very impressed with how they are coping. Only about 25 in the store at any one time, then a one in one out basis. Queueing outside was orderly & respectful. Plenty on the shelves even toilet rolls.

Meleri:
Hope this is allowed as I'm not sure if it is classed as advertising. A friend called today to tell me she had had a box of fruit & veg delivered & it's all excellent quality, but had had to wait for 4 days. I had been trying all weekend to place an order with no luck but as they had been overwhelmed, they had to suspend new orders for a while. They have started taking orders again this afternoon so if anyone wants a box delivered it M Hughes & Sons, Llandudno.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version