Author Topic: Covid restrictions enforcement  (Read 88256 times)

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
Re: Covid restrictions enforcement
« Reply #60 on: April 11, 2020, 11:38:52 am »
It has been reported to the Police so I hope that they follow it up and give him his marching orders.      Personally,  I thought that the farmer was very calm and polite and if I was in his shoes I think that I would have left the farmer's vehicle there as there is no other exit out of that lane.and wait for the Police to be called.
If that blue Jaguar is still in Anglesey then it will be very conspicuous to the locals

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #61 on: April 11, 2020, 12:59:06 pm »
Hugo, he did mention Menai Bridge so he won’t be far away.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #62 on: April 11, 2020, 01:32:52 pm »
For different reasons, British Railways used to offer a Passengers' Luggage in Advance service.
For a fair time, Virgin did it, too. But gradually most luggage forwarding systems closed in favour of Send My Bag. Originally a student baggage shipping service it's now grown into a major international company that ships luggage ahead and we've used it a few times in the past. It's always been reliable except for one time when they said that the airline they used had reported the bag in question was a suitcase nine feet long. Turned out the handler had messed up the laser measurer.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #63 on: April 11, 2020, 02:03:47 pm »
In Times past, an uncle who worked at Rhos Abbey, took a hand cart to and from Colwyn Bay station for the hotel guests luggage, I believe at that time the prom road was just a track,... I wonder if that job was on offer today, how long the queue would be.  _))*

Offline Hugo

« Reply #64 on: April 11, 2020, 02:16:05 pm »

Was he telling lies though Bri?       In any event he had no right to be there and it would have served him right if that gentleman farmer had blocked the lane and waited for the Police to arrive just like they did in a similar incident in Bala

Offline SteveH

« Reply #65 on: April 11, 2020, 04:23:13 pm »
Vandals who painted "go home" on holiday homes targeted properties that were set aside for key workers.

North Wales Police said the properties on Pwllheli North Quay, which were daubed in graffiti overnight, were actually being offered out to those helping fight the coronavirus outbreak.

Many locals have slammed the act of vandalism, and the police have now issued a statement asking those who carried it out to think of the workers who were due to move in.

A spokesman said: "Today, we have been called to an incident in Pwllheli, where holiday accommodation has been vandalised. These homes are being offered to key workers who cannot go home to their families.   cont https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/pwllheli-go-home-vandals-targeted-18078709

Offline Hugo

« Reply #66 on: April 11, 2020, 06:02:34 pm »
North Wales Bargain Booze asks customers to prove they're local as it clamps down on tourists.     It's not an over reaction because they all know that there are many people breaking the rules and living at caravan camps in the area such as the ones near Black Rock Sands and Morfa Bychan.      Why don't the Police do something about it as they are local and living in the area too

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/north-wales-bargain-booze-asks-18079029

Offline Hugo

« Reply #67 on: April 11, 2020, 06:23:12 pm »

Was he telling lies though Bri?       In any event he had no right to be there and it would have served him right if that gentleman farmer had blocked the lane and waited for the Police to arrive just like they did in a similar incident in Bala

I wonder where that Jaguar driver actually lives because the car looks like it was registered in the Chester to Shrewsbury area,  I don't suppose that he was telling Porkies by any chance?     

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #68 on: April 12, 2020, 10:21:23 am »
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #69 on: April 12, 2020, 11:00:35 am »
An 18-year-old is arrested after breaching restrictions for a sixth time.

Looking at the various web cams and sites, this morning, our roads and airways are empty, a lot like the above XXXXXX brain.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #70 on: April 12, 2020, 11:58:20 am »
I looked as well Steve and the roads look empty but I think that the tourists are coming in using roads that are not monitored.     The West Shore has a few people there this morning enjoying a walk or walking their dogs.
I'd like to be there also but it's a bit too far for my once a day exercise although I did notice on the web cam that people are still driving there despite the restrictions

Offline Hugo

« Reply #71 on: April 13, 2020, 12:24:23 pm »
Two men from Hull who were camping above Trefriw, one of whom threatened the landowner with a stick.  They not only broke the rules on lockdown by firstly travelling to N Wales and then allegedly "staying with family in Trefriw"  they threatened the landowner physically and verbally and left the place in a mess and this is the action the Police took

"They were given advice regarding not being at their home address, and requested to return home or face prosecution.

"The men apologised and left, and we consider the matter closed.”

://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/sickening-moment-man-levels-stick-18080891

Offline Hugo

« Reply #72 on: April 14, 2020, 10:34:32 pm »
More idiots on Snowdon,   I just hope that the Police checked the car as well as the three men

https://www.northwaleschronicle.co.uk/news/18378174.three-walkers-ignore-government-advice-travel-birkenhead-pen-y-pass-walk-snowdon/

Offline SteveH

Re: Covid restrictions
« Reply #73 on: April 15, 2020, 02:49:19 pm »
Would anybody on here consider going abroad, before vaccines were available ?

Travel to Spain, Italy, Turkey and Greece - what they say about when tourists can return
Their governments have announced when they expect holidaymakers to return to their shores.

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/travel-spain-italy-turkey-greece-18094257

Offline Dave

« Reply #74 on: April 15, 2020, 08:34:14 pm »
Much would depend where to, what sort of trip etc. I wouldn't see a problem of a self catering holiday, the biggest threat would be the air travel in getting there unless you could drive. Then it's just a case of staying to the social distancing recommendations that are in place here.