Members' Lounge > Science and Technology

Smart Home things

<< < (2/3) > >>

Hugo:
I recently bought a smart TV and had it installed and set up by the dealer and have now added Amazon Prime to it.      I can use Amazon Prime  on my laptop and Kindle but can't get it on my TV
Has anyone had this problem and how did they get around it?         Unfortunately I have no children or Grand children to sort it out for me so I may need a TV engineer and if anyone can recommend one then I would appreciate it

Ian:
It's fairly simple, Hugo. If you access your Prime account on your laptop or iPad you can check there to see how many devices it's feeding. If it can 'see' your TV but hasn't yet connected it, then you should be able to do that from your account.  One thought: the Prime service is supplied via your 'phone line which I assume is connected?

Finally, if the Prime app is visible on the TV screen, try starting it and it will almost certainly ask for your password. If all this fails send me a message and we can take it from there.

Hugo:
Thanks very much for that sound advice Ian.   I had a go this morning and registered the TV and everything seems to be working ok
Thanks again,   Mrs H and I can't say anymore "that there's nothing to watch on TV        $good$

Ian:
If you want a never-ending supply of totally free stuff, download Pluto.

Hugo:
Thanks for that info Ian but at the moment I've got enough stuff on TV to watch.     Following your instructions I've down loaded Catchup and I'm now in Mrs H's good books as she can see "Call the midwife"  episodes that she has missed recently.
I'll download Pluto in the future though.
Thanks again     $good$

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version