Author Topic: Stop Press  (Read 585534 times)

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
Re: Stop Press
« Reply #420 on: September 06, 2012, 11:59:26 am »
I take it by the lack of activity on here there is no news in the NWWN.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #421 on: September 06, 2012, 11:10:23 pm »
I didn't buy it, so I don't know.

But, I did have the pleasure of meeting Judith Phillips today. :)

A great pleasure, I am just sorry we didn't have the chance for a proper chat as the wind and customers interfered!
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #422 on: September 07, 2012, 07:06:00 am »
Have you tried Wind-eze chewable tablets?

They are available from all good high street chemists.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #423 on: September 07, 2012, 07:31:19 am »
 _))*
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #424 on: September 07, 2012, 02:33:56 pm »
 L0L  :laugh:

Offline Craigydonian

« Reply #425 on: September 07, 2012, 04:27:13 pm »

A great pleasure, I am just sorry we didn't have the chance for a proper chat as the wind and customers interfered!

It was a pleasure for me too, so good to put faces to pseudonyms!! Strange about the Weekly News - I'm sure I saw a copy peaking out from behind your counter!!! Perhaps it was last week's?

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #426 on: September 07, 2012, 09:48:26 pm »

It was a pleasure for me too, so good to put faces to pseudonyms!! Strange about the Weekly News - I'm sure I saw a copy peaking out from behind your counter!!! Perhaps it was last week's?

Ha ha, Yes... it was actually 3 weeks old.... maybe you are making those crosswords just too tough!

Nice to see Bri and Dave and Merddin getting laughs out of such base toilet humour.  &shake& &shake&
Fester...

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #427 on: September 07, 2012, 10:47:54 pm »
 _))*  &shake&
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
Stop Press - Jason Weyman resigns !!
« Reply #428 on: September 13, 2012, 07:49:28 am »
From Jason Weyman:

"At today's meeting of Cabinet I announced my decision to resign from the Cabinet and from the Council.

I have been offered an interesting employment opportunity which I was unable to ignore. Details if the position can not be released until Friday, when I will post further, but I can say it is in the Private sector.

It has been a very hard decision and has only come about over the last few days. It is sad to leave so early in my second term as a Councillor, but opportunities do not come around very often, especially in the current climate.

In making my decision I have had to consider my own career and what is best for my family. I still have 25 years before I will be retirement age, and it is important that I consider these issues. I have not gone looking for this opportunity it is something that has arrived. I am extremely lucky to have been considered for the role.

I have discussed the situation with the Council's Chief Executive and Monitoring Officer and I was keen to see whether the bi-election could be timed to coincide with the Police and Crime Commissioners election on the 17th November. I'm pleased to announce that by timing my resignation to take affect as of the end of the month, that the bi-election will be able to take place at the same time. This should reduce the cost of the bi-election to a certain extent.

When I left Bodlondeb this afternoon, people were busy discussing the impact on the portfolio and Cabinet. We will have to see what comes about and once all the relevant people are able to discuss I'm sure we will see an announcement. One idea I did hear being considered is extremely interesting and I hope it is progressed.

The Cabinet were happy with me to continue with my duties over the next couple of weeks.

There was a suggestion as to whether I could continue in my role as Councillor. The suggestion being that I don't burn my bridges if things don't happen as expected. I would not feel comfortable with this and I think Deganwy and Conwy residents deserve someone totally committed to the role, so I have decided that I should resign as a Councillor.

It has been a very interesting four and a half years. The round of applause I received today from members and officers was very moving, and the messages of goodwill are really appreciated.
I hope that I have made a difference, the messages seem to suggest I have and that may be I've brought a fresh approach and new ideas.

This blog was set up in 2008 when I stood for election. Although the last few months has not seen many posts, I'm hoping the last 4 years have highlighted the role of a councillor and the workings of the Council. I will not be proceeding with the blog, it has served it's purpose and I will keep it live as a reference and record of my time as a Councillor.

I will update further at the weekend"

Edited to show the source of this message
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 02:50:00 pm by Ian »

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #429 on: September 13, 2012, 07:54:13 pm »
I am sorry to read your news but I appreciate your position. Best of luck wherever it takes you. Mike

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #430 on: September 15, 2012, 07:39:58 am »
A rather dramatic resignation letter!    ZXZ
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #431 on: September 16, 2012, 07:02:07 pm »
A rather dramatic resignation letter!    ZXZ

Indeed. it is what I come to expect from politicians, lots of words.
He seemed like a decent guy, but in his short time 'in office' all I really noticed were his contributions on this Forum and other social media.
Call me old fashioned, but I like to see something a little more substantial.
Fester...

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #432 on: September 16, 2012, 07:07:38 pm »
What can one man do though, really? It's a flaw of the system. I've long said the only way to get any real progress would be to a directly elected Mayor with the power to do things.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #433 on: September 16, 2012, 07:25:51 pm »
A fair point Dave.
I was referring to the fact that Jason was lauded as one of the new breed of politicians, more challenging, more counicative and more accountable.
However, after a relatively short time, he's gone and the new ''era'' is already at and with nothing to show for it.

I do sympathise though, because if anyone stands out from the crowd in politics, the party machine soon ensures that they blend in or get spat out the other end. 
Fester...

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #434 on: September 17, 2012, 07:46:42 am »
I do sympathise though, because if anyone stands out from the crowd in politics, the party machine soon ensures that they blend in or get spat out the other end. 

Indeed, and the real irony is that without some party support getting things done is extremely difficult.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.