Author Topic: Stop Press  (Read 585579 times)

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
Re: Stop Press
« Reply #1065 on: October 17, 2014, 02:13:49 pm »
As far as litter pollution goes this makes sobering reading
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-29631332
I read that, from your original link, as you say "sobering",  it's not just the streets....
I cross the Oval football/rugby pitches now and again and am always surprised by the amount of discarded drinks containers left by the teams at the end of their game, I would have expected more respect from disciplined sportsmen.
I also remember many years ago fishing from CB pier, a group of 6 at the end of the day collected all their cans and rubbish in a cardboard box, I thought very commendable, until they chucked the lot over the railings into the sea..? &shake&

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1066 on: October 17, 2014, 07:31:04 pm »
  Something like the dog poo that Yorkie and I have been writing about in another thread

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1067 on: October 18, 2014, 01:38:02 pm »
DPblog...AMBULANCE: The Ambulance, Police and Coastguard were on hand at Llandudno's North Shore this morning at 2:25am. A man in his 40's was later transferred to Ysbyty Gwynedd near Bangor and its believed he'd been in the sea for up to 30 minutes before he was rescued.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1068 on: October 18, 2014, 03:10:04 pm »
DPblog..LLANDUDNO: More information on the overnight incident 300 yards from Llandudno's north shore, at Craig-y-Don. The town's RNLI crew says he was found in a distressed condition and was 'totally unwilling' to be taken into the lifeboat, prompting half an hour being spent trying to persuade him to join them on board.
As the man begun to tire, and without him noticing. the crew was able to slowly work the lifeboat sufficiently close inshore for the police on the beach to apprehend the man.
Both lifeboats and their crews were then stood down after spending well over an hour on scene.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #1069 on: October 18, 2014, 07:40:38 pm »
DPblog..LLANDUDNO: More information on the overnight incident 300 yards from Llandudno's north shore, at Craig-y-Don. The town's RNLI crew says he was found in a distressed condition and was 'totally unwilling' to be taken into the lifeboat, prompting half an hour being spent trying to persuade him to join them on board.
As the man begun to tire, and without him noticing. the crew was able to slowly work the lifeboat sufficiently close inshore for the police on the beach to apprehend the man.
Both lifeboats and their crews were then stood down after spending well over an hour on scene.

Time wasting, selfish tw&t.     &shake&
Why didn't they just leave him?, and toddle off home to their warm comfortable duvets.    Ahhhhhh. 
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline SteveH

Re: Stop Press Hurricane Gonzalo
« Reply #1070 on: October 20, 2014, 01:02:04 pm »
Remains of Hurricane Gonzalo to hit most of Wales

Gale force winds of up to 70mph and heavy rain will arrive in Wales on Monday evening, said the Met Office.

A yellow severe weather warning has been issued as the remains of Hurricane Gonzalo reach Britain.
Coastal areas and north-western parts of Wales are expected to see the worst of the weather.
The Met Office said while all of Wales will be affected, areas including Aberporth, Aberystwyth and Anglesey will likely see the strongest winds.
"Hurricane Gonzalo will run eastwards across the Atlantic, reaching the UK on Monday night, bringing strong winds and heavy rain," said a spokesperson.
"The strongest winds are expected on Tuesday as the low pressure clears eastwards."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-29685680

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1071 on: October 20, 2014, 01:43:34 pm »
Looks as though it will be at its worst about 5am tomorrow. Batten down the hatches!

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1072 on: October 20, 2014, 01:45:58 pm »
No smite for me this week then  :-[

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1073 on: October 20, 2014, 02:10:19 pm »
Looks like I had better tie my Reliant down in those winds!  :o
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1074 on: October 20, 2014, 02:48:08 pm »

Robins can fly  ££$

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1075 on: October 20, 2014, 02:50:56 pm »
Robins can fly  ££$

_))*    $good$

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1076 on: October 20, 2014, 04:40:25 pm »
True, but it's not a Robin, it's a Rialto!  ;D

Online Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #1077 on: October 20, 2014, 06:52:28 pm »
Looks as though it will be at its worst about 5am tomorrow. Batten down the hatches!

The winds are coming from the NW, or - if luck prevails - WNW. The worst winds follow the system.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1078 on: October 20, 2014, 07:38:09 pm »
  Why is it better if the wind is WNW rather than NW?

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1079 on: October 21, 2014, 08:00:22 am »
Why do we have to import these foreign storms? gonzalo sounds foreign to me, bring back the good old British storms I say!  WWW