Author Topic: West Shore Issues  (Read 373884 times)

Offline Ian

• Administrator
Re: West Shore Issues
« Reply #1290 on: January 12, 2022, 11:13:06 am »
Yes; our house is high up in the hills, and we smelt this fishy smell, which we assumed was a decomposing animal of some sort.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #1291 on: January 12, 2022, 03:39:41 pm »
That's quite a surprise, Ian, I did not think I would get a reply from "up in the hill's" I do think our problem may be more localised, but you never know, maybe someone has opened a smokehouse on the sly,  it does seem strange than somebody is burning a fuel that smells fishy everyday.

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #1292 on: January 14, 2022, 11:35:35 am »
That would make a good quiz question Steve.         Where would you find this smell?      $walesflag$

Offline SteveH

Re: West Shore Issues...update
« Reply #1293 on: January 27, 2022, 04:02:44 pm »
lots of activity around Westshore and the Orme, police cars and chopper, rumour that a woman is missing

photo ref FB "you know you are from Llandudno"

update  LIVE: Heavy police presence at Great Orme in Llandudno as helicopter and coastguard respond to incident
A large emergency services response is at the landmark   more as it comes in 

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/live-heavy-police-presence-great-22897342?fbclid=IwAR1XR-gtuLk6wJ85sT2m9ngRS9H4mNtR4IkA5PASRi9OAxCoqEJWo0sT1Qc

Offline SteveH

Re: West Shore Issues.......UPDATE
« Reply #1294 on: January 27, 2022, 04:24:48 pm »
Officers at the scene give update
Officers at the scene tell our reporter that they have yet to find the distressed woman.

Offline SteveH

Re: West Shore Issues 2nd update
« Reply #1295 on: January 27, 2022, 05:27:46 pm »
Scene being cleared
Our reporter has been told no woman in distress was found and the emergency response teams are leaving the area.

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1296 on: February 02, 2022, 05:18:37 pm »
Ccbc reckon they are £161 mill in debt, 🤔 On our walk on the westshore this morning the idiots were clearing the sand from by the pond, taking the sand away on council wagons, some may say ' but it needs clearing ' yes but not when the wind is blowing more sand over, oh and high winds forecast for the weekend 😡

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1297 on: February 02, 2022, 06:28:08 pm »
At least CCBC are keeping people in work Norman,  jobs for the boys.     &shake&                                             Ask a local in future.

Do you remember this place Norman?       An ongoing ecological disaster created by the Council not listening to locals.
In the long run it's false economy going for the cheapest option

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1298 on: February 05, 2022, 09:43:59 am »
Ccbc reckon they are £161 mill in debt, 🤔 On our walk on the westshore this morning the idiots were clearing the sand from by the pond, taking the sand away on council wagons, some may say ' but it needs clearing ' yes but not when the wind is blowing more sand over, oh and high winds forecast for the weekend 😡

Those high winds are here now Norman and will be here for the rest of today and tomorrow.     What's more they are all westerly winds so where is the sand going?       Locals know where,  even if CCBC doesn't 
Web cam open from 10.00am to 10.00 pm and you won't get sand blasted by looking at the web cam

http://www.westshorebeachcafe.com/webcam-in-llandudno/

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1299 on: February 05, 2022, 12:46:46 pm »
I did go to the West Shore today and it was so rough I didn't even get out of the car.      A few people were walking their dogs on the promenade there but I hope my cousin Norman wasn't daft enough to go there and get sand blasted
It looked rough on the web cam just now

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1300 on: February 05, 2022, 02:24:52 pm »
PS   I forgot to mention it but as I drove past the sand was flying over the wall and heading down Abbey road at a great pace.

Offline mull

« Reply #1301 on: February 05, 2022, 05:15:29 pm »
Norman should be in good spirits tonight.

We are now on the march with Frankies Army.
The FSW has gone so it is Onwards and Upwards.

$bounce$  +}}{--

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1302 on: February 05, 2022, 08:21:17 pm »
Yes Mull I'm very happy tonight 👍😂  the ground was bouncing today,   Hugo I would have loved to get down to westshore today after 3 days of our stupid council clearing the sand to see it back there,  the Friends of westshore have put a rowing boat where the rabbit was to plant flowers in good ide But it's in the line of the sand blowing so it's already getting sand round it 😢, they even cleared sand to make it easier to walk next day it was covered over again, it would be really funny if they weren't wasting our money,   5% CT rise do we reckon.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #1303 on: February 06, 2022, 08:59:24 am »
PS   I forgot to mention it but as I drove past the sand was flying over the wall and heading down Abbey road at a great pace.

Glad we hadn't just cleaned the windows!
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1304 on: February 06, 2022, 05:38:01 pm »
I drove to the West Shore again this morning but the weather was even worse with the waves crashing on the shore and the sand flying all over the place
I didn't bother to get out anyway as I had to get back to see the TV and watch Liverpool  FC have another good cup win      $good$