Author Topic: West Shore Issues  (Read 373693 times)

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
Re: West Shore Issues
« Reply #1215 on: December 29, 2020, 04:49:27 pm »
Sunset on West Shore  click on photo to enlarge

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1216 on: January 05, 2021, 04:19:11 pm »
While doing various odd jobs throughout the day, at the front of the house, we noticed a lot of people and cars, and agreed, that it feels nothing like the previous "Lockdown" and checking the WS web cam a couple of times, same feeling, in fact I saw a group of 11 get into a van ?  I don't think the situation is being taken seriously enough.

Sun disappearing ......

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #1217 on: January 05, 2021, 05:13:05 pm »
Steve, those are my feelings exactly.    Look at the web cams on the West Shore and A55 and it is nothing like the first lockdown.
Those selfish people are not thinking of anyone else and will be the first to moan if we have curfews imposed upon us and that is a possibility because other countries have already had them

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #1218 on: January 05, 2021, 06:51:53 pm »
This morning I had to drive my OH to Bangor for a medical appointment mid morning. Fully expecting to be stopped and questioned as to why we were travelling we armed ourselves with plenty of info.as to why we were on the road. We were overtaken a couple of times by 'highway inspection' vehicles but went there and back with no bother. Also we were 'zapped' by a drone.
On Friday I have to get him to the hospital for 7am, so we shall see how we go !
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1219 on: January 11, 2021, 02:39:18 pm »
Has anybody used the new path between WS and Deganwy, ? a bit of controversy on FB re cyclists causing problems.........

West Shore path improvements     Posted on 07/10/2020  from CCBC
Contractors for Conwy County Borough Council will start work this week to improve access for walkers at West Shore, Llandudno.
The Wales Coast Path is being moved to the public right of way on top of the dunes. This footpath along the edge of the golf course will be improved with a better surface and more signage.

The route which went in front of the dunes was significantly damaged during Storm Ciara and is not viable to maintain.

Walkers will be able to follow the Wales Coast path on top of the dunes and cyclists can use the new Active Travel route between West Shore and Deganwy which runs along Maesdu Road.   

Cllr Greg Robbins, Cabinet Member for Environment and Transportation, said: “We’re happy to have secured funding through the Wales Coast Path team at Natural Resources Wales to realign this national route onto the footpath on top of the dunes, replacing the route in front of the dunes which we lost in the winter storms.”

ref  https://www.conwy.gov.uk/en/Spotlight/Press-Releases/West-Shore-path-improvements.aspx

Offline Dave

« Reply #1220 on: January 11, 2021, 04:58:15 pm »
I walked along it the other day and was greatly impressed. Nice views from higher up. I think one cyclist passed us going the opposite direction and wasn't a problem.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1221 on: January 18, 2021, 10:02:49 am »
An inspiration for other young locals..................

Furloughed Michelin trained chef who works for Heston Blumenthal launches Llandudno takeaway service
Nick Rudge who works for famous The Fat Duck restaurant is bringing his culinary skills back home for lockdown

A Michelin star restaurant-trained chef on furlough from his normal job with celebrity cook Heston Blumenthal is delivering takeaways in his hometown.

Nick Rudge, of Llandudno, is a junior sous chef at Heston's renowned The Fat Duck in Berkshire, which has three Michelin stars, and has also worked with him at his restaurant in Melbourne.

But when COVID-19 halted his work, he decided to offer takeaway meals from his own kitchen on West Shore in the seaside town and deliver to locals.

Nick is serving a three-course meal for two, featuring Welsh Beef Fillet Wellington or Salmon and Leek Wellington, with a complementary bottle of wine, for £40.

Called The Jackdaw at Home, it offers heating instructions. The starters and desserts such as Chicken liver parfait and Chocolate Delice are cold dishes.

Nick, 26, said: "It's been a pretty tough time for the hospitality industry and many other industries. Many people including myself have been placed on furlough.

Nick's come a long way since he learned catering on VRQ (Vocationally Related Qualification) Level 1, 2 and 3 courses at Coleg Llandrillo in Rhos-on-Sea.

cont   https://www.dailypost.co.uk/whats-on/food-drink-news/michelin-trained-chef-who-works-19640058

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1222 on: February 03, 2021, 02:41:10 pm »
A recent FB photo, of the increasing size of the "Town" herd.

Offline PhilMick

« Reply #1223 on: February 04, 2021, 09:33:05 am »
The benefit of herd immunity no doubt.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #1224 on: February 04, 2021, 10:41:46 am »
...or the horns of a dilemma
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1225 on: February 08, 2021, 04:47:17 pm »
Two from the web cam, nice night .

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1226 on: February 24, 2021, 04:49:13 pm »
The wind on the West Shore yesterday must have been gale force as the web cam has moved slightly , good views of the patio in the cafe though.        ;D

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1227 on: February 24, 2021, 08:28:15 pm »
Talking about the westshore and gale force winds, my face is looking really well being sandblasted 😂Your brothers are tough working round the marine drive, last week our council decided to waste more of Our money moving the sand,  yes you've guessed it the sand came back with the next winds 😡

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1228 on: February 24, 2021, 11:35:42 pm »
If it wasn't stupid it would be funny Norman.     Whoever authorised that should be tied to one of the sign posts and left there on a windy day

Offline Robbie G

« Reply #1229 on: February 25, 2021, 03:44:58 pm »
While I sympathise with your views re the sand shifting the real losers are the Conwy Mussel Harvesters .The Mussel Beds have more or less been destroyed by the sand , the beds have been harvested since at least Roman times if not earlier .
 CCBC have a lot to answer for .