Author Topic: Venue Cymru Arena  (Read 216422 times)

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
Re: Venue Cymru Arena
« Reply #555 on: April 11, 2014, 10:54:06 am »
This morning, I received in the post a Premier Card Newsletter advertising 'Al Murray - One Man, One Guvner' for 7.30pm on 20 September 2014.

Tickets are only £25.50 each anywhere in the theatre.

Tickets go on sale to the General Public at 10am tomorrow.

As a Premier Card Holder, I do not pay the £3 administation fee.

In fact, as a Premier Card Holder, I am usually entitled to a 10% discount so I would expect to pay only £45.90 for a pair of tickets at the Box Office.

If you are in the fifth row for a stand-up comedian then I would consider a pair of seats between E12 - E26 to be good seats.

Please let us know which seat numbers Orange allocate you in due course?

The ones I got from orange are F10 and 11 Will check the website now and have a look what I could have won

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #556 on: April 11, 2014, 10:59:08 am »
Annoyingly seats available everywhere!! Some pre sale that was  &shake&

Orange did try and charge me an extra £3.95 for postage as well, until I phoned them up and told them what's what  $angry$, they refunded it!

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #557 on: April 11, 2014, 11:06:55 am »
I've just booked two front row tickets for Al Murray on line. Should be a great show! The last one here was great!
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #558 on: April 11, 2014, 12:05:35 pm »
I've just booked two front row tickets for Al Murray on line. Should be a great show! The last one here was great!

You're brave!  $good$ I would have gone front row myself actually had Orange not mugged me!
Oh well lesson learned.  :'(

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #559 on: April 11, 2014, 12:29:13 pm »
Very brave!  :laugh: I saw this on Facebook a couple of days ago with the offer of tickets, but none were front row, so I waited until 10am and booked them online with Venue Cymru.
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #560 on: April 12, 2014, 11:56:59 pm »
If you recall recently the band CAST were booked in the Venue Cymru.
At the time I did think it was an odd choice, as they were never THAT big in their day.

I was chatting last night to a couple who are good friends with the local guy who booked and promoted it.
Sadly, he lost a considerable sum of money, and it just shows how dangerous it can be for the 'unconnected' to organise such events.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #561 on: April 15, 2014, 01:48:52 pm »
We went to the Tourist Office last week to book this - as we did not want to pay the booking charge

https://www.venuecymru.co.uk/whats-on/Solid-Silver-60-s-2014.html

and quite honestly we had a great choice of seats - beginning to wonder if we will be singing along on our own.  :laugh:

Also booked the Motown Night at Langtry's Bar at Grand Hotel - £5 on 26th April

Our kind of music and trying to help local venues.

Do I take it from this that the booking fee is still not charged at the tourist office?

To answer my own question.

There are NO booking fees charged if tickets are booked via the T. I. C.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #562 on: April 15, 2014, 02:03:22 pm »
If you recall recently the band CAST were booked in the Venue Cymru.
At the time I did think it was an odd choice, as they were never THAT big in their day.

I was chatting last night to a couple who are good friends with the local guy who booked and promoted it.
Sadly, he lost a considerable sum of money, and it just shows how dangerous it can be for the 'unconnected' to organise such events.

Any idea how many were there? I liked them years ago, but not worth paying 20 odd pound to see to be honest - it was on a weeknight as well I think

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #563 on: April 24, 2014, 03:53:17 pm »
It has been announced that Jimmy Osmond will join the cast of this year's Panto, Cinderella.

Along with regular comedian, John Evans, it promises to be another excellent show.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #564 on: April 25, 2014, 09:41:52 pm »
Apparently if one is a Members of Llandudno U3A, discounted tickets are available for the shows!

What about the rest of Llandudno area residents?    Something wrong somewhere!  :rage:
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #565 on: April 25, 2014, 09:49:12 pm »
Yorkie, I think you will find it is quite normal for discounted tickets to be available for Group Bookings.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #566 on: April 26, 2014, 11:57:39 am »
Yorkie, I think you will find it is quite normal for discounted tickets to be available for Group Bookings.

Yes I concur with what you say, but in this instance I believe that one can buy as an individual and discount given on presentation of Membership card.

Bit different to buying 20 all at the same time.   This should be used to draw business from outside the area for coach parties and the like.

We all pay towards the place and also our local taxes so why should one elenent of the Community  get such privileges?   Discrimination in my book!  Perhaps if the prices were reduced and the daft booking fees removed the place could survive without subsidies.  They seem to operate by the law of diminishing returns by upping the prices to make up for past losses, and it doesn't work!
 WWW  WWW  WWW
Cicero

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #567 on: April 26, 2014, 12:30:28 pm »
According to the publicly-accessible Llandudno U3A website, Yorkie, that is not how it works.

http://u3asitec.org.uk/sites/l/llandudnoarea/docs/localtheatreprogrammeapriljune2014.pdf

I am aware of the group discounts for coach parties but when our eldest was teaching in a local secondary school, she also organised group bookings with group discounts for her students.

As for the booking fee, I do not pay this whenever I book tickets and nor do I pay any credit card charges because like many others I am a Premier Card holder.

I also receive a regular 10% discount off ticket prices as well as ‘two tickets for the price of one’ offers.

For anybody who is a frequent visitor to Venue Cymru and/or Theatr Colwyn then ownership of a Premier Card at an annual cost of £25 is a no-brainer.

For the record and as a disclaimer, I have no connection whatsoever with anyone involved with the theatre although I will admit to being a non-active, non-participating member of the Llandudno U3A.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #568 on: April 26, 2014, 08:03:36 pm »
Without wishing to split hairs  -  if the Theatre can afford to discount tickets for small parties, who just happen to be Members of some Club or other, they can afford to reduce the prices for EVERYONE, and fill the seats with bums!   Perhaps then we will get the Acts that people are requesting, once the Promoters can see the Theatre well used and full, on a regular basis.

Sorry I got the actual details of U3A wrong. 

Another non active Member, still waiting for my interest to be realised!
 :D
Cicero

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #569 on: April 27, 2014, 12:28:23 am »
Sorry for interjecting..... what is U3A?
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -