Author Topic: Venue Cymru Arena  (Read 216579 times)

Offline Yorkie

Re: Venue Cymru Arena
« Reply #270 on: October 01, 2012, 06:29:39 pm »
I think they're all Grannies now!   Bully for CCBC to get such a fantastic act - who am I kidding???  _))*
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Paddy

« Reply #271 on: October 01, 2012, 08:10:49 pm »
I think they're all Grannies now!   Bully for CCBC to get such a fantastic act - who am I kidding???  _))*
You may mock and scorn Yorkie. I probably won't be going but I'd be prepared to bet that it will be a full house.

I think you should polarise your view. Should we leave the VC un-used (which you don't like) or book acts that you don't like?

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #272 on: October 01, 2012, 08:19:37 pm »
On this Forum we are all entitled to our opinion.  I have mine and my comments should be respected as I respect the comments of others.   The Nolans even joked amongst themselves in a T V interview recently.

I'm sure it will be a sell out,

We may not agree on all we discuss, but then the World would be a dull place if we did!   ZXZ
Cicero

Offline Paddy

« Reply #273 on: October 01, 2012, 08:30:57 pm »
On this Forum we are all entitled to our opinion.  I have mine and my comments should be respected as I respect the comments of others.   The Nolans even joked amongst themselves in a T V interview recently.

I'm sure it will be a sell out,

We may not agree on all we discuss, but then the World would be a dull place if we did!   ZXZ

Yorkie, I'm a bit confused! Have I dis-respected your opinion? I certainly don't think I have. In fact, I enjoy (agree or disagree) many of your opinions on here.

You have been very critical of the lack of use of VC in the past and I simply posed a question. Isn't that what we're here for?

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #274 on: October 01, 2012, 08:42:25 pm »
Which just goes to indicate how the written word can be mis-understood.  No facial expression, no body language, it is all just too clinical.   I'm sure that if we read between the lines we have an understanding of each other.

It is a pity that VCR is not a commercial concern, it would then have to make money.   But how long must the ratepayers have to keep it running with heavy subsidies?

Z**

Cicero

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #275 on: October 03, 2012, 08:03:14 pm »
I go away for one week and look what happens,Venue Cymru manage to get another group into the Arena and sell it out all in a week,maybe i should go away more often.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #276 on: October 19, 2012, 06:16:17 pm »
Well what a good weekend for the hoteliers,Cambrian rally in town so they make a few quid,but why are they not more vocal when it comes to Venue Cymru Arena,if they had just one concert a month it would generate a lot of beds taken,especially if it fell on a weekend.Imagine one concert a week that would generate lots and lots of beds booked,with two hoteliers on the council i can;t believe not one of them has a clue.

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #277 on: October 23, 2012, 06:01:11 pm »
Just announced.

SIMPLE MINDS GREATEST HITS TOUR 2013

Venue Cymru on 4 April 2013.

Tickets go on sale this Friday.

Dunno if they will they be in the theatre or arena?

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #278 on: October 23, 2012, 08:23:02 pm »
Arena
Valar Morghulis

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #279 on: October 24, 2012, 09:45:00 pm »
Ta.

Just heard tickets also go on sale this Friday for The Vaccines.

http://www.thevaccines.co.uk/gb/news/2012-10-23/uk-headline-arena-tour-coming-next-year/

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #280 on: October 25, 2012, 06:54:06 pm »
Just told my mate in Wrexham about Simple Minds and the Vaccines,his answer was god nothing for ages then two announced in two days ,whats going on,my reply was hopefully they are listening.I would love somebody to explain the process,do bands approach VC or do VC approach the bands,anyway this week is a good one.

Offline FatAndy

« Reply #281 on: October 26, 2012, 09:26:58 am »
Simple Minds tickets are £37.50  :o.

I do quite like them but not that much so I'll just stick with their Greatest Hits CD in the car (which cost 99p from Cash Generator in Colwyn Bay).

The Vaccines are "only" £18.50 but I don't know anything about them.
"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."

Emo Philips

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #282 on: October 28, 2012, 11:09:07 pm »
We bought two Simple Minds tickets, and we were also able to reserve two more... which we have to take up (or not) within 3 days.

There was no problem, so fair play to Venue Cymru on this occasion.

Andy, £35 to £40 is roughly the normal price for any band of note these days.

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #283 on: October 29, 2012, 08:14:51 am »
Simple minds?????? :o :o Blooming hell - I'm gonna have to get the time fixed on this computer - it was supposed to go back an hour but it's gone all the way back to 1992!! :P

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #284 on: October 29, 2012, 08:27:34 am »
We bought two Simple Minds tickets, and we were also able to reserve two more... which we have to take up (or not) within 3 days.

There was no problem, so fair play to Venue Cymru on this occasion.

Andy, £35 to £40 is roughly the normal price for any band of note these days.

Or ten grand if it's the Rolling Stones  $good$