Author Topic: Venue Cymru Arena  (Read 216534 times)

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
Re: Venue Cymru Arena
« Reply #225 on: July 24, 2012, 09:29:54 am »
Anyone tried navigating the V. C. website recently ??
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #226 on: July 24, 2012, 09:37:36 am »
I tried to buy a Premier Card and the link didn't work.  Tried a few other things and the whole lot's a load of rubbish.   What's all this "Staff recommends".   Are they all now theatre critics.   Obviously, one or other Councillor has had a hand in this!  (No major I'm not giving names!)     _))*
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #227 on: July 24, 2012, 12:52:57 pm »
'twas the fact that those calendar pages seemed so blank and then whoopee we had Theatre Colwyn!!!!!
My OH rang up in the end and asked if the web site was finished or was it work in progress. They were most indignant !
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline majormellons

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #228 on: July 24, 2012, 08:41:29 pm »
I tried to buy a Premier Card and the link didn't work.  Tried a few other things and the whole lot's a load of rubbish.   What's all this "Staff recommends".   Are they all now theatre critics.   Obviously, one or other Councillor has had a hand in this!  (No major I'm not giving names!)     _))*

:D

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #229 on: August 14, 2012, 09:25:40 pm »
Interesting article on Oscar about the difference in entertainment at VC as compared to somewhere like Blackpool.
Is it just an age thing? Blackpool we know has a massive target for Stag nights and such where as Llandudno has always catered for the retired market more (Grand hotel for example) Can both of these markets be met? I've often said I'm suprised at how places like Rhyl, Buckley, Wrexham etc have a much better local music stage for artists geared towards a younger audience.

Wrexham central for example does a great service to local bands by allowing them to support nationwide headline acts that give them a much bigger TM and also one that doesn't rely on them having to stick to covers

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #230 on: August 15, 2012, 08:38:20 pm »
The whole Venue needs a change of management,new ideas,new branding by somebody who knows the buisness inside out.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #231 on: August 15, 2012, 08:55:21 pm »
Lets be fair, I was looking for a good show to see in the next few weeks, and lo and behold Venue Cymru have booked..................... The Hairy Bikers.   
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #232 on: August 15, 2012, 09:25:31 pm »
Iwill be at that one too,but you know where im coming from,only two bands been on in that Arena all year,not good and the theatre seems a little quieter than normal.

Offline 1_rob_1

« Reply #233 on: August 15, 2012, 09:59:12 pm »
As Nemesis pointed out: The new web site is virtually impossible to navigate, & seems to have been thrown together. I dont know why they changed from the old one.
If they keep this website as it is, the venue will get quieter as people will not know what is on there, & will not be able to book online.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #234 on: August 15, 2012, 10:06:38 pm »
Iwill be at that one too,but you know where im coming from,only two bands been on in that Arena all year,not good and the theatre seems a little quieter than normal.

I was being sarcastic.... I wouldn't watch the Hairy Bikers for free on BBC2
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #235 on: August 15, 2012, 10:10:12 pm »
 :D

Actually Venue Cymru's marketing strategy is odd. The place I have seen them most advertised is the swimming pool! Literally 1 minute away from the venue - could be a bit more pro active.

$good$ I also wouldn't pay money to see a load of hairy men cook Fester! We can see that for free after darts!

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #236 on: August 15, 2012, 10:20:03 pm »
The website is awful - was just looking and would like to book a show that's not until November.
However it doesn't even tell me what day the show is! Had to check on my phone  &shake&

Then it gives me this cryptic message

"When selecting your tickets please do not leave single seats. If single seats are left your order will be amended."

I have been going to theaters many years - I have no idea what this means. Does it mean I can't order seats near my friends?

Frustrating $angry$

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #237 on: August 15, 2012, 10:35:33 pm »
They also bundle in every film in Theater Colwyn and even such delights as "Afternoon tea" in December - all of these take up the same size advertising space as acts like Frankie Boyle and Jimmy Carr. Did they get children to run this place as a school project?  :o

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #238 on: August 15, 2012, 10:47:38 pm »
If you cannot book tickets at Venue Cymru then I suggest you consider going to Rhyl Pavilion Theatre next Thursday and watch The ELO Experience.  ΒΆΒΆ## $elvis$

I have seen them three times before and they are excellent.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #239 on: August 16, 2012, 09:29:25 am »
Venue Cymru's new website: Site by Alienation Digital: Agency London & Glasgow

Why not employ a local web design business, preferably one that can do a proper job unlike these guys!