Members' Lounge > Politics & Current Affairs

Human rights & Europe

<< < (2/4) > >>

Blongb:
Of course they should get the vote. It's quite easy to arrange a postal ballot for them all which would be duly collected by a reliable member of HM Prison Service and put in a convenient dustbin on his / her way home  ¢¢##

I promise I didn't change the thread title Brumbob and I promise I will join your cause to get it reinstated if you so wish   Y^^Y

brumbob:
 :laugh: couldn't care less about the thread title, it's probably more encompassing than mine, in fact I can't even remember what I put,
senile as Pendragon would say  :P

Fester:
An opinionated Fester says...

No, prisoners should not get the vote, they shouldn't even be aware of an election going on, because they shouldn't have a telly either.
Therefore any vote they were given would be a total wase as they would not understand the issues. 

Jeezas,  you'll be advocating that women can vote next..    L0L L0L L0L

Ian:

--- Quote ---but what about my human rights and the thread title being changed without my knowledge weeping
--- End quote ---

Hmmm.... not sure changing the title was actually an infraction of your human rights ,BB  ;D I changed it simply to create a more universal topic, because it's the ECHR that's at the root of the current issue with regard to prisoner voting.

Without wanting to depart too much off topic, a vast plethora of seemingly unrelated topics is one of the major deterrents to new folk joining.  If something doesn't fit within an existing topic then I change the title to make it more comprehensive, especially - in this case - since it's a topic that could run  and run.

BOT - the thing that worries me about criminals getting the vote is the distortions it could produce in the voting system.  For example, I wonder how many potential MPs might try to curry favour and win the Lags vote?

Blongb:

--- Quote from: Ian on February 12, 2011, 08:12:04 am ---
For example, I wonder how many potential MPs might try to curry favour and win the Lags vote?
--- End quote ---

I'm not sure that’s right; looks to me as if they’re after the sub-continent immigrant vote

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version