The Local > Genealogy & Research

Grace Ellen Jones 1885-1961

<< < (63/63)

Annie:
I too would like to thank Ian for adjusting my photos and getting them in the right position. 
And I hope also Hugo that more descendants of the Pierce and Jane Jones family connect on here, it has been so nice to connect with Chad, and to re-connec with Mull, although I don't have any memory of meeting Mull, though we do feature in the same photo in our back garden!
I did manage to go to both Tan Y Wal yesterday and also the cemetery to visit the graves.  I was totally in awe of the view from Tan Y Wal, and also admired the house itself from the front garden.  Tan Y Wal had almost mythical proportions when I was growing up, as I heard  much talk about it and its inhabitants so it was just wonderful to visit it and admire the breath taking view of the North Wales coastline and the mountains to the rear.  I found the graves relatively easily and took photos, which I shall post here.
Just to finish my nostalgia trip off nicely I drove after that to Llandudno and to Howards Place and took some photos of Sunbeams, no longer called that name sadly, but she was much the same, with the same wooden trellis to the side, now painted black instead of green!  Again photos attached

Annie:
And Sunbeams, Howard Place Llandudno, first photo is of the house with the black  fencing and second photo shows it with neighbouring houses on the green to show its location

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version