Members' Lounge > Music, TV, Radio & The Arts

My Favourite films

<< < (2/5) > >>

SteveH:
Not to mention those films that are so darkly lit, you mlght as well listen to the radio.......

SDQ:
Turn it up & take your sunglasses off!  8)

Fester:
Bought myself a 'Sound Bar',  (about £129 from Currys or whatever it's called these days)...it really boosts the volume and sound quality of my telly.
But as far as films go, it doesn't really address the audio problem.
The louder it is, the more the sub-whoofer booms, the more distracting the overall effect is.
My wife spends 75% of every film answering my constant question, 'what did he just say?'

Ian:
We have a separates sound system: JBL active sub, 4 x Tannoy L and R column speakers, 2 x JBL Rear effects speakers and a Cambridge audio centre channel, all controlled by a Pioneer VSX 921 amp. Because the amp is controlled in turn by an iPad app, I can tweak the audio for any show to suit the room and listeners.

What that does show however, is that rarely are two films mixed exactly the same. We have most films on a media server, so they should be roughly equal in mixing terms, but they're far from it. I often have to tweak the centre channel so we can hear the muttered dialogue, or tweak the Tannoys and JBLs to reduce the effects.

snowcap:
Are you sure Fes.or should that be 75% what did she say and the other 25% what did he say?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version