Members' Lounge > Politics & Current Affairs

Brexit Debate

(1/13) > >>

Fester:
Marmite and many other leading brands are already going up in price.
The weak pound is the over riding reason... a battle between retailers and manufacturers will ensue, but the ultimate loser will be the consumer.
The thin end of a very big wedge perhaps?

mull:
This is only the start.

Gove , Boris , Redwood and the other passengers on the Brexit bus never mentioned this.
Whats the bet within a very short space of time we are all going to be a lot poorer, unless you have managed to stash plenty of money offshore as most of the prominent leavers have, or do I read Private Eye too much.

How have we got into this mess ? Who in thier right mind would agree something without FULLY investigating the cost ?

Fester:

--- Quote from: mull on October 13, 2016, 11:54:00 am ---This is only the start.

Gove , Boris , Redwood and the other passengers on the Brexit bus never mentioned this.
Whats the bet within a very short space of time we are all going to be a lot poorer, unless you have managed to stash plenty of money offshore as most of the prominent leavers have, or do I read Private Eye too much.

How have we got into this mess ? Who in thier right mind would agree something without FULLY investigating the cost ?

--- End quote ---

David Cameron took a gamble, to further consolidate his position, but lost spectacularly.
Politicians brought us here.

born2run:
I was learning about TTIP yesterday and how those principals might flood the free market which come out of Brexit. Very scary stuff. We're dooooooooooomed I tell ya. Soon we'll all be eating giant chemical chickens which are 4 minutes old, then having to pay a grand to get treated at the hospital for the dodgy stomachs "Mutant Chick" will inevitably bring us!

Fester:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-37670091

Here is that dangerous  idiot Boris Johnson, writing a newspaper column in February 2016, clearly stating that Brexit is a terrible thing.... and advocating REMAIN!
All the risks he cites if we 'Leave', are exactly the opposite to what he campaigned for only a few weeks later.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version