Author Topic: European Union Vote  (Read 145047 times)

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
Re: European Union Vote
« Reply #240 on: June 27, 2016, 10:36:10 am »
Ha!  Boris Johnson back peddling like mad this morning, suddenly 'Immigration isn't the big problem',  'no rush to trigger article 50',  'period of stability needed', plus loads more. I thought I was listening to David Cameron.
Leave voters already being sold down the river?
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #241 on: June 27, 2016, 10:50:13 am »
Immigration was the main reason I and many others voted leave, especially after the idiot Merkel let that lot in to Germany! I was on the fence until the last minute with voting, I want the points system so only those useful to the UK are allowed in.
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #242 on: June 27, 2016, 10:54:14 am »
The petition now stands at 3,653,323 signatures

You can see how many people where you live have signed the petition for a second EU referendum.
http://petitionmap.unboxedconsulting.com/?petition=131215

2,869 signatures from Abercopnwy

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #243 on: June 27, 2016, 11:04:33 am »
Immigration was the main reason I and many others voted leave, especially after the idiot Merkel let that lot in to Germany! I was on the fence until the last minute with voting, I want the points system so only those useful to the UK are allowed in.

Well, they've changed their minds now mate, but you can't   :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Noticed the impact on your shares ME?  Down 80p in 2 weeks.   &shake&
It was all so predictable.
Fester...

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #244 on: June 27, 2016, 11:51:01 am »

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #245 on: June 27, 2016, 11:54:11 am »
Yes have noticed the GVC share price, not good, but so many said you must vote, blah, blah, I would have liked a 3rd option for remain but with many reforms! As it was we did not know who to believe so thought, let's have a change! I'm sure the share price will recover!
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #246 on: June 27, 2016, 11:57:36 am »
It just gets worse with Jeremy Corbyn

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36638041

It's a bizarre situation, with Corbyn having overwhelming support form the party members, yet pretty much no support from his own MPs.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #247 on: June 27, 2016, 12:09:41 pm »
... and the list of possibilities for next Prime Minister is even worse!
Fester...

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #248 on: June 27, 2016, 12:10:33 pm »
Yes have noticed the GVC share price, not good, but so many said you must vote, blah, blah, I would have liked a 3rd option for remain but with many reforms! As it was we did not know who to believe so thought, let's have a change! I'm sure the share price will recover!

Shares go up and down so just hold tight ME.       You are luckier than I was,  I had ordinary shares in Bradford and Bingley and when they went bust and the Government bailed them out I was told by the Government that those shares were worth nothing.
I bet the Chairman of the B &B Bank got a fat bonus despite the damage caused, myself I'd have liked to have given him a fat lip.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #249 on: June 27, 2016, 02:07:04 pm »
The online petition in question requires an active email address and you have to verify that by clicking on a link in an email they send you.
Anyone can set up 20 or 30 email addresses in an hour if they want to, even if they have to verify the address to activate it.

But 3000? Lot of trouble to go to for what seems a very little reward.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #250 on: June 27, 2016, 03:50:49 pm »
Will of the people, will of the people, waaaaah waaaaah waaaah   :-[

This is all I hear about from the leavers!

The will of the 'people' was misguided and plain wrong. It shouldn't have been put in their hands in the first place.
What exactly do we pay politicians for?

If something goes wrong with my Gas supply I get an expert out to fix it, that's because that's the safest thing to do. What I don't do is get everyone in my street together and do a survey on how best we all think it should be fixed and then plough right ahead with whatever decision we collectively make.

Forget a 2nd referendum the so called government need to have the footballs to do what they know is best and forget this idiotic vote ever happened.  $good$

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #251 on: June 27, 2016, 03:56:27 pm »
It’s not over yet. A law that passed last year to set up the EU referendum said nothing about the result being binding or having any legal force. “Sovereignty” – a much misunderstood word in the campaign – resides in Britain with the “Queen in parliament”, that is with MPs alone who can make or break laws and peers who can block them. Before Brexit can be triggered, parliament must repeal the 1972 European Communities Act by which it voted to take us into the European Union – and MPs have every right, and indeed a duty if they think it best for Britain, to vote to stay.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/jun/27/stop-brexit-mp-vote-referendum-members-parliament-act-europe

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #252 on: June 27, 2016, 04:07:31 pm »
Yes - we certainly do live in interesting times...  Z@@
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Bosun

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #253 on: June 27, 2016, 08:27:42 pm »
Will of the people, will of the people, waaaaah waaaaah waaaah   :-[

This is all I hear about from the leavers!

The will of the 'people' was misguided and plain wrong. It shouldn't have been put in their hands in the first place.
What exactly do we pay politicians for?

If something goes wrong with my Gas supply I get an expert out to fix it, that's because that's the safest thing to do. What I don't do is get everyone in my street together and do a survey on how best we all think it should be fixed and then plough right ahead with whatever decision we collectively make.

Forget a 2nd referendum the so called government need to have the footballs to do what they know is best and forget this idiotic vote ever happened.  $good$

At last, some has had the backbone to write what we are all thinking, believing and longing for.

I'm impressed.
Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may have been given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #254 on: June 27, 2016, 10:45:35 pm »
I'm surprised at you Born to Run,  always a man of democracy and of 'the people'
The People have spoken, and even though I agree it's a travesty, it is what it is, and must be managed to its conclusion.
Fester...