Author Topic: Walking  (Read 836803 times)

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
Re: Walking
« Reply #315 on: March 26, 2011, 04:04:14 pm »
Little Orme Walk

Offline Trojan

« Reply #316 on: March 26, 2011, 08:56:34 pm »
You might even have them in this country Brumbob because one of my friend's had a dog that was last seen rodgering a sheep!

I have a friend that was last seen rodgering sheep.  ;D

brumbob

« Reply #317 on: March 26, 2011, 10:20:33 pm »
What's the old blue banger outside Penrhyn Old Hall?

s'ok, its a Ford Zephyr Six MK III Saloon
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 10:59:27 pm by brumbob »

Offline Trojan

« Reply #318 on: March 26, 2011, 11:28:28 pm »
What's the old blue banger outside Penrhyn Old Hall?

s'ok, its a Ford Zephyr Six MK III Saloon

Looks like it's been restored.  ^*^0

Can you go back and get a close-up photo Hugo?

Offline Hugo

« Reply #319 on: March 27, 2011, 01:56:04 pm »
I'll take a photo of that Zephyr when I'm next there. It was a nice looking car with a front bench seat and a floor gearbox but the twin exhausts on it were weird, never seen anything like it before.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #320 on: March 28, 2011, 09:12:31 pm »
Today Mrs Fester and I were invited by our friend Mark Jones, to take a walk to his 'hidden gem'.... Aber Falls.

I think its other name is Rheadaer falls, in Abergwyngregan.   It is so close to our doorstep, but without Mark's guidance we would have never found it.

He was kind to me (with my shattered knees) and took us along the gentle path to the falls, but then I became bold, and crossed the stream to take a look at the plungepool below the falls (pictured below)
We had a picnic below the falls, and then set off back via a route through the forest... a bit muddy in places, but beautiful and peaceful nonetheless.
A brilliant day.

Apparently, there is a great cafe in Aber, but maybe Mark is saving that up for us for next time?

Picture 1 is Mark and Mrs Fester below the falls, (not robot dancing, but trying to wave to the camera)
Picture 2 is the plungepool,
Picture 3 is a view back down the valley we walked up, and you can see the Gt Orme in the vee in the distance.

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline TheMedz

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #321 on: March 28, 2011, 09:55:59 pm »
We went up there about this time last year and after your recommendation might give it another go in the next few weeks. Loads of squirrels, rabbits and birds when we went up there. Not the sort of thing I usually notice  thing but I also remember, a couple of years ago, there being a really nice chapel conversion for sale as you walked into the village .

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #322 on: March 29, 2011, 08:39:24 am »
Best time to go there is about 0830 on a spring day.  The wildlife you encounter is astonishing.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline suepp

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #323 on: March 29, 2011, 11:34:14 am »
last time I was up there I saw a mink

Yorkie

« Reply #324 on: March 29, 2011, 11:46:23 am »
We have a few dozen in the house.  Only problem is they are all sew together in the form of a couple of stoles!    $walesflag$

Offline Hugo

« Reply #325 on: March 29, 2011, 12:58:05 pm »
That's always a great walk Fester and I'm glad that you enjoyed it . The falls you went to are called Rhaeadr Fawr and sometimes you get small trout in that pool that you photographed. To the west of the falls is a smaller waterfall called Rhaeadr Bach and another walk on the west of the valley on the higher ground brings you down steeply into the village of Aber and near the nice cafe! ( double chocolate nut cake is delicious)
If I'm not mistaken it is Puffin Island that you've captured in your photo and not the Orme judging from where the photo was taken.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 04:21:03 pm by Hugo »

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #326 on: March 29, 2011, 01:13:46 pm »
That's always a great walk Fester and I'm glad that you enjoyed it . The falls you went to is Rhaeadr Fawr and sometimes you get small trout in that pool that you photographed. To the west of the falls is a smaller waterfall called Rhaeadr Bach and another walk on the west of the valley on the higher ground brings you down steeply into the village of Aber and near the nice cafe! ( double chocolate nut cake is delicious)
If I'm not mistaken it is Puffin Island that you've captured in your photo and not the Orme judging from where the photo was taken.
It's the coastline of Anglesey itself, I think, between Llanfaes and Penmon.  :)

brumbob

« Reply #327 on: March 29, 2011, 04:22:25 pm »
Haven't been to Aber Falls for about 20 years, must go again after seeing your walk Fester.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #328 on: March 29, 2011, 04:41:32 pm »
It's difficult to tell from the photo Dave but I think you're correct and that it's Penmon because it looks like a quarry and beach that Puffin Island doesn't have.
Puffin Island would be to the right and just out of sight.

Offline suepp

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #329 on: March 29, 2011, 05:00:43 pm »
I've never been up higher than the falls, but am told that if you keep on climbing you get to a lovely spot where there is a lake