Author Topic: Wanted: 3 bed house to rent in Llandudno or surrounding areas  (Read 8632 times)

Offline PurplePie

Wanted: 3 bed house to rent in Llandudno or surrounding areas
« on: December 14, 2010, 05:48:53 pm »
I am currently looking for a private rented property in the Llandudno area prefably in Llandudno although would consider surrounding areas for the right property.

It is for myself and my 3 children aged 5, 4 and 11 months old, 2 girls and 1 boy. I don't have any pets and although I do smoke i don't smoke in my home because of the children.

I am currently living in a womens refuge after fleeing domestic violence and want nothing more than to be in our own place for christmas due to this it is not going to be easy for me to obtain references, I have £400 to use for a deposit although I am going to speak to Conwy housing department this week and they should put me on their bond scheme should the money that I have is not enough.
I have rented privately for a number of years now and have always had a very good tenant/ landlord relationship with my landlord. It is purely for mine and my children's safety that getting references would be an issue.
Rent would be paid for by LHA which will pay £550 for a 3 bed, I would be able to cover a small top up on a short term basis though.

In an ideal world I need 3 bedrooms if i was to be staying longer than a 6 month term. Although on a temporary basis i could manage with a 2 bedroom whilst the baby is still so young.

Please if you have a property that you think may be suitable please do get in touch. It would mean the world to me and my children to be in our own home for christmas.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Re: Wanted: 3 bed house to rent in Llandudno or surrounding areas
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2010, 07:27:23 pm »
Hope you find somewhere suitable.  ££$

Offline PurplePie

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2010, 07:33:59 pm »
 $thanx$

Offline Paddy

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2010, 08:10:17 pm »
Have you tried this?

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/

Hope it helps.

Offline PurplePie

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2010, 08:13:32 pm »
Yeah I have already tried rightmove and had no luck so far  :-[

Thanks anyway  :)

Yorkie

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2010, 08:38:09 pm »
Have you got the local paper?   That will give you some idea of Agents and Private lets, and also an idea of what is available.  I believe that such adverts may be available on line also.   ££$

Offline PurplePie

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2010, 08:41:57 pm »
No I haven't got the local paper as yet going to pick one up tomorrow. Im not actually in Llandudno at the moment but I have friends there whereas I have nobody where i am  :-[

I did look online on the newspaper websites but all it comes up with is adverts from spareroom for rooms in peoples houses which obviously is no good to me  :-[

Yorkie

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2010, 09:00:47 pm »
You won't be short of friends in Llandudno, especially if you stick on this Forum.    ZXZ

Offline PurplePie

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2010, 09:02:40 pm »
Well thats good to know  ;D

Now all i need is somewhere to live  L0L

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2010, 09:15:26 pm »
Yes, a copy of the Weekly News and Pioneer would be a very good place to look.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline PurplePie

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2010, 10:11:26 am »
Thanks for those Ian there were a couple there that i hadn't seen!

Im waiting on a callback from Robbie Howarth and I have spoke to Bay aswell who said they would ring me back 2 days ago and I haven't heard anything so I will be calling them back again today!

The problem that I am going to have is that I only have £400 to put down and letting agents are not to keen to wait for the bond scheme neither because it takes a while to sort out which to be honest I can't say i blame them!

Also the fact that it is being paid by LHA albeit partly is also off putting to potential landlords.

In the past I have always rented directly from the landlord themself without using a letting agent and have found they were much easier going though there doesn't seem to be much about. I did find one on gumtree but that had already gone and someone contacted me through facebook because his friend had a property he was trying to rent but by the time he then managed to get in touch with his friend he had promised it to someone else so the search continues!

Coming into Llandudno tomorrow hoping that there is going to be a nice little ad in the paper from a private landlord the seem few and far between up here though  ???

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2010, 10:13:58 am »
Letting directly from a private Landlord will probably be your best bet, hope there is something suitable in the papers for you tomorrow.  ££$

Offline dingo20

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2011, 02:06:18 pm »
are you still looking for somewhere?

Offline PurplePie

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2011, 06:50:17 pm »
Hiya
Yes I am. Do you know of somewhere?