Author Topic: Mike's Great Orme Golf Course  (Read 72988 times)

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
Re: Mike's Great Orme Golf Course
« Reply #105 on: April 01, 2012, 08:07:35 pm »
I've come back to this old thread because John Oddys mention of a golf championship appears to have aroused a bit of interest judging by the number of posts all in 48 hours.
 The joking references to a big prize to be donated by our moderators. A good laugh.
 But, seriously, I have a 2 to 3 foot model of a golfer which I might throw in as a reward to the winner. But its worth a few bob, an exact copy was for sale last year in Mostyn Street for £100.  I bought it for £80 through ebay and intended to use it for publicity of the putting green in the Happy Valle. But I changed my mind because it is fairly fragile, it wouldnt stand being knocked over very often.
 Now I might throw money around, but £80 worth is a bit too much. When I first read about this idea I thought O.K. I'll go along with that and it will be free to everyone and lets all have a nice day.
 But now, if it seriously gets off the ground, I could offer that as a prize but charge everyone (no favourities, no Fester climbing over his fence) the top wack price I charge which is £4-50 per person.
  I feel a bit mean in a sense, but say 17 members came and paid, I would break even, no profit, no loss, but a good day.

Offline John Oddy

« Reply #106 on: April 01, 2012, 08:23:16 pm »
.....and how much do you charge for a golf buggy?.....well!...you don't expect me to WALK around a golf course, do you!

Offline mull

• Management board member
« Reply #107 on: April 01, 2012, 09:19:59 pm »
Oh dear, money hes been mentioned.
Suddeen loss of interest.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #108 on: April 01, 2012, 09:36:43 pm »
 :laugh:

Offline John Oddy

« Reply #109 on: April 01, 2012, 10:27:41 pm »
No loss of interest here, I'm all for it, a bit of fun, a day out, put faces to names and a few beers afterwards. I think its a great idea.

Offline hollins

• Management board member

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #111 on: April 02, 2012, 11:51:04 am »
25% off eh?  Does that mean that all size 8 shoes are now size 6?   And XL Sweaters are now size M.   Must have a spending spree before they sell out!     L0L
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #112 on: April 02, 2012, 12:43:44 pm »
No, please don't loose interest because of the cash. I just mentioned the trophy as an option. No trophy, it's all free, I will look forward to meeting you all again. Or with trophy, £4 50. Whichever you all think would be best. Mike

Offline John Oddy

« Reply #113 on: April 02, 2012, 01:18:56 pm »
Mike,
£4.50 is not going to break anybody, I see no reason why it should be left to you to fund our fun.
What we do need is a show of how many members would be up for it, perhaps a nice summer's day, a bit of a buffet, a few drinks and a sociable get together may well be what we all need.
If I may be so bold as to suggest that Dave, Ian or both, start up a thread to see who is interested before we start to organise The Three Towns Masters Open Championship. 

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #114 on: April 02, 2012, 01:30:10 pm »
The new topic and poll is now here, folks.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #115 on: April 26, 2012, 08:39:39 am »
I received a "circular" e-mail today from an unknown source asking me if I would like to meet other local people and couples interested in a threesome.     Well I have heard of two ball fours, four balls, foursomes,  and lots of other Golf groupings and games but never a threesome.   I suppose such a thing could be useful if the Mrs was unable to play!

What do other Members think?     L0L

p.s. I looked up some threesome pictures on the Internet but there wasn't a golf club in sight!   ;D
Cicero

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #116 on: April 26, 2012, 09:39:12 pm »
Thats hilarious Yorkie, it really is.  :laugh:
You had better delete it before Mrs Yorkie thinks you are interested!

I get a lot of junk emails, but that one has not reached me yet.  :laugh: :laugh:

I have to say though, I never get 'circular' emails, they are normally more rectangular or oblong in shape.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #117 on: April 26, 2012, 10:20:04 pm »
Since I changed to BT for the broadband etc around a year ago I never seem to get any junk emails, I had a new email address though and the old one must have been on many junk lists!
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline snowcap

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #118 on: April 27, 2012, 12:07:52 am »
yorkie. fester and merddin emerys, what a team , cmon lads turn up and show us what u can do.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #119 on: April 27, 2012, 05:19:57 pm »
yorkie. fester and merddin emerys, what a team , cmon lads turn up and show us what u can do.

If you had been reading the Forum you may have noticed that I have already apologised that I will not be there, but that I am donating a Trophy for a "Hole in One".

That weekend is solidly booked with other more important (unfortunately) and activities!   :P

Cicero