Members' Lounge > Hobbies and Interests

Exploring The Area

<< < (2/138) > >>

DaveR:
There are always campaigns to get the lions lifted up to road level and they certainly should be on show - they would be a fantastic way to announce you are entering Anglesey.

britannia_bridge by alanfrombangor, on Flickr

Merddin Emrys:
Hi Fester, looks like a great day you two had there and some great pics too, I used to like the old jail in Beaumaris years ago and the Museum of Childhood too, I wonder if they are still open as I have not been there for years!

DaveR:
Gaol is still open but the Museum of Childhood went about 5 years ago.

Bellringer:
Always an interesting little drive lasting maybe an hour or just over, is to go down one side of the Conwy valley to B Y C and back up the other. As we live on the outskirts of Conwy we usually drive down the west side and back up the east, but this afternoon we reversed the trip and went down the east and back up the west.

The sun was shining brightly but there was a mist shrouding the river for long stretches giving the valley an almost magical and mystical appearance.

The picture below was taken from the west side just south of Gwydir Castle and therefore in shade - perhaps half an hour earlier and the sun would have really been highlighting the slopes opposite.

Bellringer:
And another looking straight across the valley from the same spot.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version