Author Topic: Bargains  (Read 63608 times)

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
Re: Bargains
« Reply #75 on: August 27, 2011, 09:27:58 am »
Needed a new computer keyboard as ours had a number of letters worn away.
Bargain of the year---- Asda Smart Price Standard Keyboard Exactly £1.00. Couldn't believe my eyes, bought one, came home and plugged it in to a USB port and it is fine. No fancy buttons and bits, but basic and just what was needed-- quieter than the old one too when typing ! See how it wears -- it also has a 28 day no quibble refund and a one year guarantee.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #76 on: August 27, 2011, 10:27:16 am »
You must have been working it hard Nemesis, I have a keyboard that must be at least 10 years old and shows no sign of wear.

Your replacement does sound like quite a bargain though - wonder if they have them in the £1 shop?

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #77 on: August 27, 2011, 10:50:07 am »
 _))*
It was mainly the E ! and the shift key !

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #78 on: August 27, 2011, 01:41:06 pm »
I wondr what it is lik to typ whn thr is no "e".  So I dcidd to try and s how it wnt.  It is quit asy to miss th "e" and maks littl diffrnc to th ability to rad th txt.   I bliv that you mayb should hav prsvrd and not bothrd to gt a nw kyboard and thrby savd a pound!

:P
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #79 on: August 27, 2011, 01:58:01 pm »
 $donald$
Didn,t bother us Yorkie, but anyone else who had to 'borrow' the use of our computer didn't half grumble !

Offline hollins

« Reply #80 on: August 30, 2011, 07:50:26 am »
M&S have got an extra 30% off their sale items online only for today.
Just got three nice tops for £19.60 and £3.95 of that was postage.

Offline TheMedz

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #81 on: December 13, 2011, 06:41:36 pm »
Etap Hotel Manchester £18 per night for a family room. This and That - Indian Restaurant - £4.40 for rice, two meat dishes and a veg dish.

Mrs Medz and I have just had a really good day and night out in Manchester staying at the ETAP Hotel near the Lowry Centre(with an attached Outlet Centre)  in Salford. It's on a direct Tram line taking 10 minutes into Manchester City Centre with it's Christmas Market etc.

The indian meal in the new Northern Quarter http://cooksloweatfast.blogspot.com/2009/07/thisnthat-3-soap-street-manchester.htmlwas amazing value and somewhere I used to eat at 25 years ago when I worked in Manchester. Don't expect wonderful surroundings but the food is really good.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #82 on: March 02, 2012, 11:24:15 am »
We've just bought a new conservatory set, brand new off eBay for £82 plus £50 for delivery, it comprises of one chair, one two seater sofa and a glass topped table. It's only taken an hour to assemble and looks great!  If you are after anything search for items from haddonhousefurniture (one word) be quick though as they are new to eBay and are now putting reserves on new listings! Our set should be over £400!!
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #83 on: March 03, 2012, 06:43:20 pm »
great for a total of £132 delivered to the door!

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #84 on: March 03, 2012, 07:45:13 pm »
I'm not surprised they're putting reserves on now, you got a bargain there!
Valar Morghulis

Offline Mikethewatch

« Reply #85 on: March 05, 2012, 12:53:37 am »
Don't leave it in the sun as the UV will degrade the stitching and material , I have the same suite and it fell to bits in no time left in the sun, hence the price.
Free lunch springs to mind! !

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #86 on: March 05, 2012, 11:22:59 am »
Buy cheap, buy twice!   :o

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #87 on: March 05, 2012, 11:34:16 am »
I'm sure it'll be fine, the blinds will be drawn against the strong sun and we all like eBay bargains don't we!  ;)

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #88 on: March 05, 2012, 12:36:25 pm »
Don't leave it in the sun as the UV will degrade the stitching and material

Reminds me of last year when just entering to "meet the Captain on Captain's Night" on our cruise.  I was wearing a pair of "very old comfortable shoes" and just as we passed the threshold the whole sole and heel fell off due to corroded stitching.  I picked the offending sole up, stuffed it in my jacket pocket and suddenly developed a most pronounced limp until I could creep back to the cabin and change!    L0L
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #89 on: March 05, 2012, 01:10:19 pm »
we all like eBay bargains don't we!  ;)
When buying branded products from a quality manufacturer, e.g. Apple, that is indeed true, as you can be assured that the products will be of a certain standard.