Author Topic: The Royal family and associated parasitic issues  (Read 8945 times)

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
The Royal family and associated parasitic issues
« on: November 16, 2010, 06:49:57 pm »
So theres going to be another royal wedding, they can't stop talking about it on the tv news, am I the only person in the UK not remotely interested  :rage:  (I've neven seen a single royal wedding yet!  L0L )
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 09:03:52 pm by Ian »
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Re: another royal wedding
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2010, 07:00:26 pm »
Seems like a lot of nonsense to me. Are we going to be paying for it?  :rage:

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2010, 07:14:43 pm »
Seems like a lot of nonsense to me. Are we going to be paying for it?  :rage:

I'm not sure who pays for the wedding, some companies could sponsor it and the wedding dress can have advertisements on it  L0L

However the tv said they will be living in Anglesey so will the costs of royal protection come from our pockets?
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 07:25:57 pm by Merddin Emrys »

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2010, 08:43:03 pm »
It must be cheaper to provide protection on Anglesey than it is in London   _))*
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline TheMedz

• Ad Free Member
Re: The Royal family and associated parasitic issues
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2010, 09:11:42 pm »
William is already living in Anglesey as part of his RAF duties at Valley.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/royal-wedding/8138350/Prince-William-and-his-bride-to-live-in-north-Wales.html

Typical Telegraph reference to anywhere outside of London in the article.

I didn't see either of them at the Mona car boot sale  when we were over there on Sunday. I mustn't have been paying attention.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 09:13:48 pm by TheMedz »

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2010, 09:23:25 pm »
I've just noticed the change in the subject title, I think I started it as 'another royal wedding' very good!  L0L

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2010, 07:59:31 am »
What I object to is that on every UK news channel, they appear to be the only qualifying news item. On a media scale, it seems we have conveniently forgotten about the various wars, cholera deaths, terrorist threats, job losses, swingeing cuts, financial melt-down and just about anything that actually is news.  Instead, we have the non-stop ramblings of those who consider this over-privileged, parasitic life-form to be - in some peculiar way - important to us. Has there ever been a better reason for revolution?
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2010, 08:00:30 am »
Actually, this shouldn't really be a topic by itself.  I might merge it with the Coffee shop or 3towns arms topics.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2010, 08:07:08 am »
What I object to is that on every UK news channel, they appear to be the only qualifying news item. On a media scale, it seems we have conveniently forgotten about the various wars, cholera deaths, terrorist threats, job losses, swingeing cuts, financial melt-down and just about anything that actually is news.  Instead, we have the non-stop ramblings of those who consider this over-privileged, parasitic life-form to be - in some peculiar way - important to us. Has there ever been a better reason for revolution?

Exactly, I usually like the BBC news in the morning, but its just wedding, wedding, blah, blah......yawn

Offline suepp

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2010, 09:31:11 am »
Dare I say....I'm looking forward to the Wedding itself, it will be something special for all generations to enjoy, and I'm sure Prince Charles and Prince William will be mindful of costs and not have it too ostentatious.   The news coverage is over the top of course, but anything that knocks the X factor off the front pages has to be a good thing,  thought the BBC was quite balanced this morning to be honest!
 ZXZ

Offline tonyf

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2010, 07:22:00 pm »
Before this born and bred Llandudno boy ran away for a life at sea at 16 years young, I worked as the Saturday/school holiday delivery boy for Irwins the grocers (became the first Tesco shop in town) opposite the railway station, I witnessed the Queen and Duke of Edinburgh arriving in Llandudno by train and driving out of the station. The streets were packed all cheering and giving them a great Welsh and flag waving welcome. Though not an avid royalist and disapprove of some of their antics, I’m finding it a bit disappointing that some members exhibit such venom against the engaged couple. The TV has an on/off switch or if on satellite/cable; cartoons. There is nothing wrong with bringing a little joy into a lot of people’s lives and to mention wars??? As someone who has witnessed one I can say that something like this is a welcome distraction. This wedding will cheer a lot of people up even if it’s for mercenary reasons (day off and party). And as far as cost, nobody yet exactly knows. Traditionally the bride’s father is liable and I’m sure as a proud man he’ll pay his way. Either way, the Queen generates millions in tourist dollars/euros. Live and let live, let’s be happy and not be so bitter and twisted. I’d rather see a picture of a smiling Kate than a continuous re-run of some obscure mating ritual.       $wales

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2010, 07:40:15 pm »
Nice first post, Tonyf.

I actually think the Queen does a great job as Head of State and I've no problem paying for her to do the job but why do we need to pay for any of the others?

Yorkie

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2010, 07:44:37 pm »
You just have to accept the Lot, warts and all!                            ¢¢##

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2010, 07:52:57 pm »
Nothing like a nice Royal Wedding to bring everyone together and make the population happy!

I just hope the couple have more luck than his Mum and Dad!

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Trojan

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2010, 09:04:58 pm »
Nice first post, Tonyf.

I actually think the Queen does a great job as Head of State and I've no problem paying for her to do the job but why do we need to pay for any of the others?

At least William is using a second-hand engagement ring.