Members' Lounge > Music, TV, Radio & The Arts

Tudno F M

(1/19) > >>

Michael:
I've spent virtually all my time this summer listening to our local radio station, Tudno F.M.   I feel that the objects of this station and our own Three Towns forum are very similar, virtually identical.   This morning two of the, might I say,more senior in age, presenters were having a discussion about this and that, how things were better (maybe) in years gone by, how common sense was prevalent years ago but now seems to have gone out of the window. I'm sure you get my drift.  This made me think it surprising I have never read any thread in the forum mentioning Tudno F.M.    Likewise, I have never heard the station mentioning the forum.   Is there no overlapping of readers/listeners and am I the only one?

DaveR:
I think you might be the only one, Mike! I've not heard anyone even mention it in ages, which is a shame as its a great idea. Having said that, I'm not a great radio listener (apart from the Today programme in the morning on R4).

Michael:
Hummm.I'm surprised.   I'll speak to Tudnofm presenters and see if they are in a similar position, they havent heard of the forum for ages. I'm on a promise to be shown around the studios so I'll bring the subject up then

Trojan:
There was a Tudno FM thread in the old forum when the radio station was in it's infancy. Presenter Andy Harris was a forum member, who used the forum mainly to promote the radio station.

Now that the station has grown and most of the presenters have blogs on the station website, I suppose another local forum is not needed anymore.

Merddin Emrys:
I've just looked at the station website and I'm seeing 'news' about a gorse fire back in March!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version