Members' Lounge > Help Centre

Help wanted: Computers

<< < (2/93) > >>

Jas:
Hi, Just returned to live here & brought my aussie PC with me, now I can't get on sound on Skype, I  have contacted my friends in Aus  & while they can see & hear me, I cant hear them tho I can see them. can anybody tell me how to rectify this problem?.  Please :rage: Jas

DaveR:
Can you get sound if you play a music file etc on your pc?

Yorkie:
Can on mine.   In fact it will play in the background whilst I am working on other things.   

Ian:
Jas:  you need to check three things: Skype has its own sound control options under "preferences / Audio".  Secondly, check your own computer sound settings to ensure output from skype is routed through to your speakers.  Finally, you should check the sound card settings, to make sure it's recognising skype./

Jas:
Thanks everybody, For the tips, I tried playing a CD  thru windows media player,  got the visuals but no sound. .  Have checked that the speakers are plugged in O K, the webcam is good , checked sound test on skype  & it shows that speakers & mic register as active. I am sure the sound settings are compat with skype as I didn't have a problem with it in Aus.  How do I check the sound card??     :-[

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version