Author Topic: National Health Service  (Read 101032 times)

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
Re: National Health Service
« Reply #75 on: June 12, 2015, 06:10:28 pm »
   That's me girl. Good old Yorkshire spirit

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #76 on: June 12, 2015, 09:10:47 pm »
 :-* Thanks Mike.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #77 on: June 15, 2015, 05:30:22 pm »
LOOK: Behind the scenes at Ysbyty Glan Clwyd's A&E department after £90m upgrade

In the past few months Ysbyty Glan Clwyd has been the topic of a host of negative reports... and I have been the author of many,
But during a visit to the hospital’s emergency department last week, I saw for myself just what it was like to be on the frontline of health care in North Wales.
And I can now truly understand the pressures and challenges these hardworking staff face on a daily basis.

MORE/PHOTOS....http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/behind-scenes-ysbyty-glan-clwyd-9457368

Offline Hugo

« Reply #78 on: July 08, 2015, 12:25:10 pm »
Two weeks ago I experienced this first hand when I was taken into A & E with a suspected stomach hemorrhage.  From the time I was seen by the Ambulance team to the time I was released from hospital I was extremely grateful to the NHS and all it's staff.
They work under sustained pressure and the present building work that is ongoing just adds to the pressure but they managed to cope with it all. 
Because of my condition I was confined to one room for the 10 days I was in hospital so I was pleased when I came out this week but I can't thank them enough for the treatment I received.  I just hope that today's budget will not make things more difficult for the NHS and its staff.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #79 on: July 08, 2015, 12:34:24 pm »
Hope you will be back on your feet very soon Hugo.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline hollins

« Reply #80 on: July 08, 2015, 12:40:44 pm »
So sorry to hear you have been ill Hugo. I was wondering if you were okay when I didn't see your posts on here.
I hope you make a speedy recovery and are back walking those hills before too long.
Best wishes from us.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #81 on: July 08, 2015, 01:07:06 pm »
Sorry Hugo, I assumed you where on your hol's , glad you are ok, take care. $good$

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #82 on: July 08, 2015, 01:20:18 pm »
Get well soon, Hugo.  $good$

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #83 on: July 08, 2015, 02:07:01 pm »
Sorry to hear that Hugo, get well soon!
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Hugo

« Reply #84 on: July 08, 2015, 02:07:58 pm »
Thanks everyone for your kind words.  I've not had an Op this time and am feeling much better now that I'm home and will be back on the road very soon.     $good$

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #85 on: July 08, 2015, 03:29:38 pm »
Take care of yourself, Hugo; we need your input on here :-))
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Cambrian

• Genealogy & Research team
« Reply #86 on: July 08, 2015, 05:26:07 pm »
Glad to hear you are back Hugo.  You have been missed.

Offline mull

« Reply #87 on: July 08, 2015, 06:04:44 pm »
Glad to hear you are out of hospital.

Get well soon

Offline snowcap

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #88 on: July 08, 2015, 10:35:09 pm »
i agree with all the above get well soon Hugo

Offline SteveH

« Reply #89 on: July 18, 2015, 12:26:15 pm »
Work on £2m minor injuries unit at Llandudno hospital nears completion

The modern £1.9 million building is now complete and construction workers are on site fitting out the inside of the unit ready for opening late this summer.
The design is the result of partnership work between the health board and local stakeholders who have been involved from discussion, to planning and finally construction.
Unit manager Malc Anglesea said: “It’s really exciting to see this project coming into the home stretch now and we are looking forward to when we can showcase the new unit to the surrounding community later this summer.
“All the team are really proud to be involved with such a major development for Llandudno Hospital which will strengthen the services on site for all patients we will see.”

The unit is designed to provide a bigger floor space than the existing unit and will meet modern building regulations, provide more treatment areas, support better access to patient records and provide specific areas for the treatment of children.
It is also expected to allow more people to be treated on site rather than travelling to Ysbyty Gwynedd or Ysbyty Glan Clwyd emergency departments and there will also be improved working between GPs and out of hours.

Cllr Carol Marubbi, deputy mayor of Llandudno and president of the Llandudno Hospital Action Group, said: “I’m very pleased it is nearly complete - It’s great news for the staff and for morale, to see something is happening.
“I’d have been far happier if we had the original plans.

"They wanted to make it two steps higher than a minor injuries unit so it could take some of the strain off Bangor and Wrexham, but we have to be grateful in this day and age. Anything they pump in there is good and is a plus.”
RefNWPioneer