Members' Lounge > Help Centre

Converting Videos to DVD

(1/2) > >>

suepp:
I've got  a collection of video's from 3 different cameras - therefore three different sizes of tape - that I would like to get converted to DVD, is there anyone locally who could do this  at an affordable price?  I've spent money in the past on tape converters to play the smaller tapes on a VHS player but over the years they have stopped working, and my tapes are gathering dust, I would love to watch them again! I think I've got some footage of the 1993 floods too!

Fester:
I am keen to do a similar thing ... also a big slice of my record collection to CD.

I have done it before, in Yorkshire, but the price was prohibitive .. and the quality questionable.

Ian:
If you have a computer - preferably a Mac - then it's a doddle.  Basically, the problem is always finding the machine to play the tapes.  If they're VHS, then all you need is a cheap Analogue - to - digital converter.  You plug the output from the VCR into the 'analogue' input on the converter, then connect the digital output to your computer - usually via a usb2 port -  where you can edit it and then record it to a DVD.

If you have a Mac, the whole process is far easier, but it's doable on any computer.

suepp:
Thanks Ian, do you mean a VHS player, I have got one, so its just a case of plugging this into the PC with the converter? would it work  the same with a camcorder?

Yorkie:

--- Quote from: Fester on October 28, 2010, 01:11:18 am ---I am keen to do a similar thing ... also a big slice of my record collection to CD.
I have done it before, in Yorkshire, but the price was prohibitive .. and the quality questionable.

--- End quote ---

I have got the turntable and software to put 33, 45 and 78 rpm records onto CD.  I would be prepared to loan it to you providing the stylus was replaced if necessary - this would depend on how much use it was given.  PM me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version