Members' Lounge > Politics & Current Affairs

Newspapers: Decline and fall or renaissance?

<< < (3/5) > >>

Yorkie:
Just had our copy of The Pioneer delivered.  Opened it up and soon realised that I had read most of the articles through the Forum and the good intentions of one of our Members!  Ah well, it's the Weekly News tomorrow so I probably don't need to buy it! 
 _))*

Ian:
There's an interesting (if depressingly predictable) pattern in the UK front pages this morning.

Headlining on the front page the inquest verdict were the i, the Star, the New Day, the Guardian, the Mirror, the Echo, the Metro and even the Telegraph.  Making no or little mention of it were the SUN, the DFM, the Times, The FT and the Express. The link between dishonesty, or refusal to accept the truth and Rupert Murdoch publications couldn't be clearer. Of course, there's also the egregious Bernard Ingham and Margaret Thatcher - both culpable in the sleazy attempt to deflect blame from the Police (on whom Thatcher relied to control the unions) and onto the Liverpool fans.

I've long been on the fence regarding the Leveson Inquiry recommendations but if ever there was blatant evidence that something needs to be done to sort out the garbage put out by, in particular, the Murdoch stable, this is it.

Merddin Emrys:
I don't bother with any of the papers, seem outdated when we have tv news and the internet, we do get the Pioneer though as it is delivered free!  D)

Ian:
Excellent analysis of the egregious Dacre, editor of the DFM.

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2017/mar/16/mail-men-by-adrian-addison-review?utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=Media+briefing+2016&utm_term=217751&subid=2664260&CMP=

SteveH:

--- Quote from: Ian on March 17, 2017, 10:52:16 am ---Excellent analysis of the egregious Dacre, editor of the DFM.

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2017/mar/16/mail-men-by-adrian-addison-review?utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=Media+briefing+2016&utm_term=217751&subid=2664260&CMP=

--- End quote ---

Ian, take that    :D   off your face....... :twoface:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version