Author Topic: Karcher Pressure Washer  (Read 4945 times)

Offline Yorkie

Karcher Pressure Washer
« on: June 27, 2013, 08:23:10 pm »
Karcher Pressure Washer, old but still functional and efficient.  Complete with lance and hose.

Dirt cheap at £20.00 
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Mikethewatch

Re: Karcher Pressure Washer
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2013, 12:49:55 am »
Made in China?  WWW

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2013, 08:49:44 am »
Made in China?  WWW

Quite frankly, I don't give a toss where it was made providing it works. _))*
Cicero

Offline hollins

• Management board member
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2013, 09:44:03 am »
What about all those British jobs lost because people don't care where things are made?

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2013, 05:22:32 pm »
What about all those British jobs lost because people don't care where things are made?

We are a nett exporting nation, or were until the Unions put the stranglehold on shipbuilding, the motor industry, the electronics and many other manufacturers!  The various Governments also have a lot to answer for.

We lost our own jobs, and I still don't give a toss! 

So I take from your comment that you buy nothing but British made goods, probably made from metal, wood, fabric or other components sourced from abroad, and probably not fair trade?   I suppose you also take all your holidays in the UK, so that the Country is not drained of its financial resources and the coffers of Switzerland, Austria and the rest of Europe are not swollen by your contributions?    Have a look around your own house and possessions and then tell me again that I am wrong!
 >?>??
Cicero

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2013, 07:08:16 pm »
Economic necessity has made it impossible to buy British over the last 30 years or so.

I used to work in purchasing teams for large mail order companies, and the furthest we travelled to suppliers in my 20's was Leicester for knitwear, Northampton for shoes and London for fashion clothing.
Most clothing was centered around Manchester.

As prices rose in the 80's, it was totally impossible to buy from British manufacturers, in order to sell the goods at anywhere near a price that customers would pay.

Therefore by the 1990's I was taking buying teams to such places as India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, China...
Since I have 'retired' from that game, they now travel to such places as Cambodia and Vietnam.

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2013, 07:40:19 pm »
And even now it continues.  My Son is at present in China and the far East spending Millions of pounds on electronic goods that we should be able to make ourselves, and all will be sold to grateful customers through one of the largest retail chains in the UK.  These are regular trips as are his buying excursions to Turkey, Japan, and parts of Europe.

I myself, have operated in the UK for French, German, Swedish and Japanese companies where the competition from home made products was virtually non existent.   I would have loved to have been a part of a dynamic British company within the same field, but sadly, it was not to be.   :(
Cicero

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2013, 01:20:16 pm »
Pressure Washer, whether Chinese or not is SOLD! :D
Cicero

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2013, 01:57:27 pm »
Looks like the pressure is off you then, Yorkie....  :laugh:

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2013, 02:13:16 pm »
 _))*  Good one!   Just got the other odd bits now!   :D

Gimme an 'orse 'n cart, an' I could take on Steptoe & Son!   ;D
Cicero

Offline snowcap

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2013, 09:56:57 pm »
do you have any slug/snail proof plants that don't need watering in the odd hot spells that we get,must be able to come out in bloom every spring until winter

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2013, 08:38:12 am »
Yes, I can help there.  Got a few antique plastic blooms wot was free wiv Persil many years ago.  Just a bit of dust on them and guaranteed to be completely impervious to almost anything except extreme heat!   £25.00 a bloom, and bloomin' cheep at that!    :D
Cicero

Offline snowcap

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2013, 08:14:58 pm »
not what i had in mind but like your thinking, get shut of your free antiques at a proffit, love it