Author Topic: National Motorsport Week  (Read 1707 times)

Offline DVT

• Management board member
National Motorsport Week
« on: June 25, 2013, 10:11:06 pm »
Next week is National Motorsport Week, promoted by the MSA (Motor Sports Association) - the governing body for motor sport in the UK, along with Go Motorsport! - the body that aims to promote motorsport to the youngsters and newcomers.

North Wales Car Club is hosting a static display for local clubs on the Promenade near the Cenotaph on Saturday 6th July - local clubs will have stands and some motor sport cars.  Also in attendance will be representatives of Wales Rally GB with details of the forthcoming event based in Llandudno.

All welcome to come along and have a chat - anything from how to start in motor sport to recollection of events in the dim and distant past!

Offline Nemesis

Re: National Motorsport Week
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2013, 10:00:17 am »
Have you any times for this please?
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline DVT

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2013, 04:02:23 pm »
We'll be setting up between 1030 and 1200 - ready for showing, discussion and general get together for the afternoon until 1800 hours - that's Saturday 6th July.

Displays by local clubs, including North Wales Car Club, Clwyd Vale Motor Club, 116 Car Club, Rhyl & District Motor Club and Bala & District Motor Club ... plus Wales Rally GB and Go Motorsport ... cars will include the 2012 Cambrian Rally winner, along with a Citroën DS3 from the British Rally Championship, and also a couple of oldies - Ford Anglia and a Vauxhall Chevette HS.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2013, 10:12:54 am »
Thanks for this info.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Big Alan

• Scouse not English
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2013, 03:28:27 pm »
Me and Paula are in Llandudno next weekend, will come and have a look. The Ford Anglia, made in Halewood, 50 years old. I live in Halewood, work in Fords, well JLR now and I'm 50. Can I have a drive of it?  8)
Justice for the 96

Offline DVT

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2013, 08:49:16 pm »
You'll be very welcome.  I think I'm correct in saying that this particular Ford Anglia has a non-Ford engine it.  It's coming from Lancashire (Preston) and will be competing on a stage rally at Anglesey Race Circuit on the Sunday (7th).

Sorry but there will be no driving of the cars - it's all a static display - but I'm sure the owner would allow you to sit in it and pretend you're driving!