Author Topic: People  (Read 123345 times)

Offline Dwyforite

Re: People
« Reply #165 on: November 15, 2011, 12:27:47 pm »
the man on the right with the accordion is Brian ashton,and i used to get a great laugh out of stopping him in the super market or car boot sale and asking him in a voice that everyone could hear ,are you still into the leather Brian?,a great lad and a stalwart of the British legion

Offline suepp

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #166 on: November 15, 2011, 12:30:03 pm »
Willie Weiss  was fictional, but there was a Willie Wise who used to do the Summer Seasons with Alex Munroe at around the same time!

Offline Llechwedd

• Sixer
« Reply #167 on: November 16, 2011, 12:08:23 pm »
Yes I know I worked with him once in the box office of the pier.  Whatever happened to him?

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #168 on: November 17, 2011, 01:05:26 pm »
the man with the big moustache I only know as "Tash"

I think this may be Derek Roberts, a Past Captain of Maesdu Golf Club, and was married to Bessie Roberts who ran the Riding School and Stables at Glanwydden behind the Queen's Head.
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Haulfre

« Reply #169 on: November 18, 2011, 09:21:53 pm »
I thought it was him too,im sure your right! I spent most of my weekends, rain or shine down at Bessies stables as a child-happy memories! Bessie was a wonderful lady:)

Offline brian a

« Reply #170 on: November 20, 2011, 01:10:40 pm »
I think the tall guy is Charlie 'Chuck'
I think it is John Holmes

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #171 on: November 21, 2011, 07:13:42 am »
My quote was for the Laurel & Hardy impersonators not the Willie Weiss band photo.
Valar Morghulis

Offline white rabbit

• I'm late, I'm late!
« Reply #172 on: November 21, 2011, 08:53:37 pm »
Bessie was  certainly a wonderful lady - my daughter spent many happy hours  there - perhaps you knew her Haulfre? :)

Offline Haulfre

« Reply #173 on: November 22, 2011, 01:43:32 pm »
Yes maybe...what is your daughters name? Pm me if you want :)

Offline white rabbit

• I'm late, I'm late!
« Reply #174 on: November 22, 2011, 04:47:57 pm »
Done!

Offline Helig

• Management board member
« Reply #175 on: November 24, 2011, 11:16:03 am »
I am another with fond memories of Bessie Roberts who ran the riding school. I used to go there when she ran it from the famr that her parents rented from the Mostyn family. The famr was by Lady Forester's Convalescent Home at the back of Craig y Don.

It was a sad day when she had to relocate, the Mostyn Estate increased the rent on the farm and they had to leave there.

Offline white rabbit

• I'm late, I'm late!
« Reply #176 on: November 24, 2011, 04:15:59 pm »
I remember Bessie running her riding from that farm near Gloddaeth Hall too!

Offline Pluto

« Reply #177 on: December 04, 2011, 09:57:43 am »
I am another with fond memories of Bessie Roberts who ran the riding school. I used to go there when she ran it from the famr that her parents rented from the Mostyn family. The famr was by Lady Forester's Convalescent Home at the back of Craig y Don.

It was a sad day when she had to relocate, the Mostyn Estate increased the rent on the farm and they had to leave there.

I remember her stables from when they were in Craig Y Don, near to where the Craig Y Don Primary School is now.  Then she had to move to Glanwydden.

A lovely, happy, and constantly smiling lady, always wanting the children to enjoy their horse riding.  So much enthusiasm and a very hard worker.   The horses I remember in her time in Craig y Don, Bingo, Dudley, Del, Rowan, she had a skewbald too cannot remember his name though atm??

Offline suepp

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #178 on: December 04, 2011, 10:29:52 am »
Trooper?

Offline Pluto

« Reply #179 on: December 04, 2011, 10:48:41 am »
Trooper?

I'm going back to the late 70's , think the name of the stables then was 'Conway Road Riding Stables'.

It wasn't Trooper, seem to remember it was more a cowboy name.

Edit:  I remember now :D  it was 'Gay Boy'   A very 70's un pc name, and definitely not very pc circa 2011!!

There was a lady called Di who worked at the stables at that time, her parents ran The Rydal Nursing Home on Llandudno Road on the Penrhyn Bay/Rhos on Sea border.