Author Topic: ASSETS to tourism in Llandudno  (Read 90005 times)

Offline Ian

• Administrator
Re: ASSETS to tourism in Llandudno
« Reply #330 on: July 13, 2020, 12:25:20 pm »
Yes, I saw that last week. Really tricky, this one...
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #331 on: July 13, 2020, 01:18:43 pm »
B&Bs may be open but if you can't serve breakfast in the dinning room and most don't have the facilities to serve in rooms (and who would want it) and customers can't go out for dinner its hardly "all systems go"

Can you imagine, and by your comment I think you can, the mess and palaver of carting evening meals up to rooms. Soup, main course, pudding, coffee..............Oh no ! By the mess some people can make just eating a bar of chocolate, it is not on !
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
Re: ASSETS to tourism in Llandudno and North Wales
« Reply #332 on: July 18, 2020, 03:20:33 pm »
Which? ranks North Wales' seaside resorts
Thousands were asked to rate resorts across the UK based on their seafront, beach, value and more

"Coming in joint 10th was Llandudno with a score of 80% in a ranking based on criteria like the seafront, food and drink offer and shopping.

Close behind was Conwy - whose attractions and scenery were the factors that most impressed holidaymakers - giving the town an overall score of 78%."

full story  https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/how-which-ranks-north-wales-18619178

Offline SteveH

Re: ASSETS to tourism in North Wales
« Reply #333 on: August 09, 2020, 12:18:09 pm »
Be a nice earner for the Castle if this goes ahead.

I'M CELEBRITY 2020 may be coming to a sprawling 200-year old castle which overlooks Abergele.

ITV revealed on Friday, August 7, that the 20th series of I’m A Celebrity...Get Me Out Of Here! will be filmed in the UK at a ruined castle in the countryside.

The Sun Newspaper reported on Saturday, August 8 that the historic site is Gwrych Castle, a Grade I listed country house that stands in 250 acres of gardens and grounds.

According to the media report, ITV is thought to be spending more than £1million on taking over the venue.

Cont  https://www.northwalespioneer.co.uk/news/18638616.celebrity-filmed-200-year-old-gwrych-castle-overlooks-abergele/

Offline Blongb

• Management board member
  • I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #334 on: August 09, 2020, 03:29:37 pm »
Which? ranks North Wales' seaside resorts
Thousands were asked to rate resorts across the UK based on their seafront, beach, value and more

"Coming in joint 10th was Llandudno with a score of 80% in a ranking based on criteria like the seafront, food and drink offer and shopping.

I am truly amazed that Llandudno managed to achieve 10th place, with a County Council hell bent on destroying the town any way it can.
1. North Shore destroyed
2. West Shore destroyed
3 Public Convenances Non Existent
4. Visitors Car Parking Non Existent
5. Planners permitting Residential Developments in the most inappropriate places
6. Drivers going around and around because of the lack of proper road signage
7 Gardens and public spaces unmaintained

We were known as the Queen of Welsh Resorts under Llandudno Urban District Council but since CCBC took over our administration we have definitely come off second best. The stupid and spiteful Councilors who control us now just don't seem to understand, that if the Golden Goose dies so does the rest of Conwy County as well. (but there again perhaps that's what they want.)
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline SteveH

« Reply #335 on: August 22, 2020, 02:37:47 pm »
Linked to me this morning from the Yorkshire/Lancashire area............ a bit of good news

An award-winning coach-holiday firm has unveiled a range of new pick-up points due to huge popular demand - and its Short & Super Breaks 2021 brochure is out now.

Independent and trusted for over 50 years, Acklams Coaches now boasts pick-ups all over Yorkshire, Lincolnshire and the North East, and offers a selection of Short and Super Break holidays to a host of delightful UK destinations.

The firm hopes these latest deals will help re-energise the coach-holiday industry, create new jobs, and provide a boost to the UK's ailing hospitality sector.

Acklams won Best Coach Operator at last year's British Coach Tourism Awards, with judges praising the firm's commitment to quality, innovation and training, excellent industry reputation, and considerable client loyalty.

Llandudno Adventures (From £169)
This beautiful Welsh seaside resort boasts a long stretch of beach and town centre full of shops, amusements, pubs and restaurants. It's also the perfect base to explore the Snowdonia National Park.
https://acklamscoaches.co.uk/coach-holidays

Offline SteveH

Re: I'm a Celebrity Get me out of here !
« Reply #336 on: August 27, 2020, 03:38:50 pm »
Be a nice earner for the Castle if this goes ahead.

I'M CELEBRITY 2020 may be coming to a sprawling 200-year old castle which overlooks Abergele.

ITV revealed on Friday, August 7, that the 20th series of I’m A Celebrity...Get Me Out Of Here! will be filmed in the UK at a ruined castle in the countryside.

The Sun Newspaper reported on Saturday, August 8 that the historic site is Gwrych Castle, a Grade I listed country house that stands in 250 acres of gardens and grounds.

According to the media report, ITV is thought to be spending more than £1million on taking over the venue.

Cont  https://www.northwalespioneer.co.uk/news/18638616.celebrity-filmed-200-year-old-gwrych-castle-overlooks-abergele/

I'm a Celebrity CONFIRMED for Gwrych Castle - here's what ITV have said about coming to North Wales
ITV have said the 20th series will be shot at the Abergele Castle

cont   https://www.dailypost.co.uk/whats-on/im-celebrity-confirmed-gwrych-castle-18836607

Offline SteveH

« Reply #337 on: August 29, 2020, 10:03:11 am »
A couple of positive stories for the area ...............

Welsh castle bosses finally break silence on I'm a Celebrity filming 2020 announcement
The chairman of Gwrych Castle's trust reveals how ITV's offer to locate the show at the landmark was almost ignored.

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/whats-on/welsh-castle-finally-breaks-silence-18846294

I'm A Celebrity can have 'Game of Thrones effect' on North Wales economy
Business and tourism leaders believe the hit ITV show can be positive for the whole region

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/im-celebrity-can-game-thrones-18846072
« Last Edit: August 29, 2020, 10:55:26 am by Ian »

Offline SteveH

« Reply #338 on: September 05, 2020, 10:35:13 am »
Llandudno seafront hotels taken on by holiday group with reopening dates announced
Bay County and Bay Marine hotels in Llandudno closed when the Shearings brand collapsed.

Two sites have been taken on by Bespoke Hotels based in Warrington.
They have signed a five year management deal for the sites, which were operated but not owned by Shearings.

A spokeswoman added: "It is likely that the Marine will re-open in October, with the County scheduled to re-open some time in Spring 2021."       ref  DP

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #339 on: September 05, 2020, 07:13:18 pm »
That’s very good news... let’s hope some of the other big ones, The Queens and the Llandudno Bay etc, can attract an investor too.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #340 on: September 05, 2020, 10:03:53 pm »
Great news about the county / marine, but I think the Bay Belmont & Queens will be different, it's all gone very quiete with woodhouse.

Offline SteveH

Re: ASSETS to tourism... German.. I'm a Celebrity Get me out of here ! Coming
« Reply #341 on: September 25, 2020, 03:04:27 pm »
This might result in some European visitors..............

NORTH Wales looks set to host a group of German celebrities for that country's version of I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here.

Several German news sites are today reporting that Gwrych Castle in Abergele will be used instead of the Australian jungle as is already the case with the UK version of the show hosted by Ant and Dec.

The show Ich bin ein Star - Holt mich hier raus, the title of which translates to "I'm a Star...Get Me Out of Here!"

But, due to the UK choosing to film at Gwrych due to the coronavirus pandemic, the German show is following suit and the celebs will compete to be crown King or Queen of the Castle.         ref Pioneer

Offline SteveH

« Reply #342 on: October 08, 2020, 02:09:39 pm »
Four North Wales attractions make Lonely Planet's 'Ultimate Travel List'
The guide has compiled a 'must-see' bucket list and some of our top destinations feature.

Four North Wales attractions have been included on Lonely Planet's Ultimate Travel List ranking the best 500 experiences in the world.

It includes outdoor adventures on the Welsh Coast Path and Snowdonia to enriching cultural attractions such as Ffestiniog and Welsh Highland Railway and Portmeirion.   cont  https://www.dailypost.co.uk/whats-on/trips-breaks/four-north-wales-attractions-make-19069894

Offline SteveH

« Reply #343 on: November 17, 2020, 03:45:19 pm »
Not a program I watch, but had to check the first one out, what an advert for north wales  ....... $good$

I'm a Celebrity shows North Wales in all its glory - with proud viewers branding the region 'magical'
The ITV production has already showcased the incredible scenery of the region - and only two episodes have aired

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/whats-on/im-celebrity-shows-north-wales-19292466

Offline SteveH

« Reply #344 on: December 09, 2020, 02:44:53 pm »
A look at the new £1.25m Wave Garden Spa located within the grounds of Adventure Parc Snowdonia

Located within the grounds of the Adventure Parc Snowdonia in the Conwy Valley - an award-winning adventure resort which is home to the world’s first inland surf lagoon - the Wave Garden Spa has been carefully designed to make the most of its natural resources and the magnificent landscapes of Snowdonia.

The spa connects directly to the new 106-bedroom Hilton Garden Inn Snowdonia, set to be one of the largest hotels in North Wales, where guests will be able to enjoy high quality facilities and service.

The Wave Garden Spa will open its doors on March 26 2021.

cont   https://www.northwalespioneer.co.uk/news/18931784.look-new-1-25m-wave-garden-spa-located-within-grounds-adventure-parc-snowdonia/