Author Topic: ASSETS to tourism in Llandudno  (Read 90056 times)

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
Re: ASSETS to tourism in Llandudno
« Reply #225 on: September 16, 2016, 12:27:39 pm »
Hipster alert  8)

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
Re: ASSETS to tourism in Llandudno .....and North Wales
« Reply #226 on: January 07, 2017, 09:41:33 am »
A Facebook post from Star Trek legend George Takei has sent the call centre at Zip World into meltdown...forcing them to beam up extra staff.

The adventure firm had expected a relatively quiet January but a social media post from the US actor - Mr Sulu in Star Trek - saw them prosper.
It went viral with more than 2.8m video views in 22 hours.

For Zip World - which has adventure sites in Bethesda, Blaenau Ffestiniog and Betws-y-Coed - the impact was immediate with the phone lines erupting and the website temporarily crashing due to the sheer numbers clicking on their pages.
We have seen a 75% increases in takings from phone bookings from what we projected for the week.

“When it comes to online interest the sheer level of traffic crashed the site.

“This is so positive for the area, it is fantastic. There have been 2.8m views on the video in 22 hours, that is great publicity for Zip World and for North Wales as a whole, the comments have been very positive.
“You can’t buy publicity like that.”
http://www.dailypost.co.uk/business/business-news/star-trek-george-takei-zip-12417623

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #227 on: January 07, 2017, 01:37:38 pm »
Steve, if I had a 75% increase in my 'projected earnings' for this week, I'd be pocketing an extra £4.27
 :laugh: :laugh:
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline SteveH

« Reply #228 on: January 07, 2017, 01:42:36 pm »
Steve, if I had a 75% increase in my 'projected earnings' for this week, I'd be pocketing an extra £4.27
 :laugh: :laugh:

_))*           _))*

Offline SteveH

« Reply #229 on: January 20, 2017, 12:42:20 pm »
Wales welcomed 12% increase in overseas visitors in 2016
The International Passenger Survey, published by the Office for National Statistics, showed Wales received 856,000 overseas visitors in the first nine months of 2016.
This represented a 12% rise compared to the same period in 2015 and the highest increase among the UK nations.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-38681903

Offline SteveH

« Reply #230 on: January 28, 2017, 12:06:03 pm »
See why the best hotel service in the world is in ... Llandudno.

Lawton Court Hotel has been named by Trip Advisor as number one in the world for service in the destination review site’s annual awards.

The Elm Tree Hotel located on the North Parade in the seaside town was also recognised after scooping first place in the world’s best rated bargain hotels category.

The Victorian seaside town has a lot to celebrate, boasting more award wins than anywhere else in the UK, bar London, with eight award-winning hotels scooping 20 travellers’ choice awards between them.
http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/lawton-hotel-llandudno-trip-advisor--12497785

Offline SteveH

Re: ASSETS to tourism in Llandudno....North Wales
« Reply #231 on: March 18, 2017, 09:13:13 am »
This remark on the visit Britain website.....

VisitBritain Retweeted
Mar 16
Bear Grylls‏ @BearGrylls
#TBT to Snowdonia- I’m often asked where my favourite place in the UK is and without doubt it is North Wales  @VisitBritain

Offline SteveH

« Reply #232 on: March 30, 2017, 11:07:16 am »
Golden age' of North Wales tourism expected to fuel summer jobs boom

Recruitment underway for a predicted boost in jobs in the sector this year.
The region is basking in the spotlight as the adventure sector has put North Wales on the tourism map.
For some, like Llandudno Pier owner Adam Williams, it is becoming increasingly difficult to find enough staff for the positions available.

Jim Jones, managing director of North Wales Tourism which represents around 1,500 tourism-related businesses, said: “All the evidence points to the fact we are entering a golden age for tourism in North Wales.
The sector already contributes more than £2.8 billion annually to the regional economy and employs upwards of 47,000 people.

Looking for a job in North Wales? Check our jobs site www.fish4.co.uk for hundreds of available roles.

“One of the main reasons for the dramatic rise in our fortunes as a tourism destination is that North Wales is at the epicentre of the growing adventure holidays market and is earning recognition as a world leader thanks to developments like Zip World and Surf Snowdonia.

£100 million of mainly private sector money

“We conducted an economic impact survey recently which showed that Zip World, who created Europe’s longest zip wire, has helped pump more than £121 million into regional economy, attracted thousands of new visitors and created more than 200 jobs in the process.

More... http://www.dailypost.co.uk/business/golden-age-north-wales-tourism-12811133

Offline SteveH

« Reply #233 on: May 20, 2017, 11:38:25 am »
Has Snowdon become a victim of it's own success ......

Snowdon so overwhelmed with visitors 'it's like Piccadilly Station at rush hour'
Walkers are urged to visit other peaks in the range as Welsh Government's Epic TV advert blamed for fueling rise in mountain traffic.

The campaign group has also challenged the Welsh Government to spend as much money in maintaining the mountain and funding public transport links to it as it did on last year’s “Epic” UK-wide advertising campaign which encouraged tourists to visit Snowdonia.

More than 600,000 people are expected to make the trek to the summit this year and good weather since Easter has seen the paths to the summit crowded with walkers, within some having to queue to pass at narrow points.
http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/snowdon-overwhelmed-visitors-epic-tv-13063620

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #234 on: May 20, 2017, 11:49:52 am »
Getting as bad as Everest...
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #235 on: May 20, 2017, 01:59:04 pm »
It's a lovely walk to do on any of the paths going up to the summit but it does get very touristy.    We avoid going up there in the Summer and when we do go at other times, it's usually during the week when it's lest crowded.

Offline SteveH

Re: ASSETS to tourism in Llandudno and North Wales
« Reply #236 on: June 13, 2017, 04:19:29 pm »
North Wales in 'Top Five' holiday destinations in UK to visit this year.

Last year the region failed to make the top ten but now North Wales is ahead of places like Scotland and seaside resort Blackpool.

Full article..... http://www.dailypost.co.uk/business/business-news/north-wales-top-five-holiday-13178563

Offline Dave

« Reply #237 on: June 13, 2017, 05:29:55 pm »
There is no doubt that North Wales has at last got it's act together and offers a fantastic place to visit. My sister organised a coach party here in Llandudno for a week stay earlier this year and the tourist group, all retirees, from Surrey were amazed at what North Wales has to offer. Most had never visited before and you do wonder why it took them so long to make it here but there you go.
However, the Top 10 list is a little unfair if both the whole of Scotland and also N.Wales is up against little Blackpool.Blackpool may well top the towns list although personally give me Llandudno anyway!

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #238 on: August 13, 2017, 05:37:05 pm »
I've always thought that the Sea Jay boat trip around Llandudno Bay is good value and I try to go on it a couple of times each season.
The hour long trip is actually about 48 minutes all told, and it's gone up to £8 this year, but it still affords you the chance to get these views of Llandudno that you wouldn't normally see...
Fester...

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #239 on: August 13, 2017, 05:39:44 pm »
... more from the boat trip, including a seal popping up to say hello, and the formidable prehistoric scenes of the little Orme, with thousands of seabirds drying their wings before their next dive...
Fester...