Author Topic: Everything to do with Llandudno Junction  (Read 76759 times)

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
Re: Llandudno Junction Car Wash. Police notice
« Reply #135 on: February 06, 2022, 10:17:55 AM »
If you are using the Llandudno Junction car wash on Conwy Road, please be advised that you must NOT stop on the pavement in your vehicle or block the road.

This is dangerous and could cause an accident.

West Conwy Neighbourhood policing team will be in the area in the coming days/weeks ensuring the traffic is flowing. If you are found to be causing an obstruction you may face a fine.

We do not want to ticket car wash customers although, we have received a number of reports within the past week to complain about this issue.

Keep the roads safe, be sensible when an area is busy & keep the traffic flowing at all times to prevent an accident from happening.

Message Sent By
PCSO 3971 Ciara Regan
(North Wales Police, PCSO, Conwy )

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
Re: Everything to do with Llandudno Junction
« Reply #136 on: March 01, 2022, 03:04:34 PM »
The site of a former Llandudno Junction school could be transformed into a purpose-built medical centre, a councillor believes.

Ysgol Nant y Coed went up in flames in November 2019 after an arson attack, and the school was subsequently demolished.

But now Cllr Mike Priestley has claimed talks on a medical centre are ongoing between Conwy County Council, who own the site, and Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board.

Ysgol Nant y Coed was one of two Llandudno Junction schools that closed when the new purpose-built Ysgol Awel y Mynydd opened in September 2017.

Cllr Mike Priestley says Llandudno Junction has suffered due to a strain on health care services, caused by the number of new homes built in the area in recent years.

Cllr Priestley said: “Conversations are going on. I’ve spoken to Betsi Cadwaladr, and they’ve said they are looking at a number of sites, one of which is the Ysgol Nant y Coed site, and I just want to put all my support behind the facility there to support the community.

“While we have the opportunity, we can provide something that will be a real benefit to our community. We’ve given so much green fields and so much space for new houses, I think it is about time we had a brownfield site for the community.

cont https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/medical-centre-could-built-site-23243395