Author Topic: The 3 Towns Coffee centre  (Read 561258 times)

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
Re: The 3 Towns Coffee centre
« Reply #1665 on: September 30, 2015, 07:41:04 pm »
  So, most of us think we know this patch. I certainly do --- or should I say did.
  For I suppose the first time ever in my life today I WALKED into Llandudno west shore area over the railway bridge. Driven over it many thousands of times. But walking?
  A road sign at the entrance to the second road on the right after leaving the bridge. Well hardly a road. More a back alley to get to the back doors of the houses on the first road on the right. This sign is at right angles to the main road so that unless you were entering the "alley" you would not notice it if you were driving along the main road.
  A proper street sign complete with the red circle and a picture of a bike over a car meaning you cannot drive down it. And its illuminated. And it says (and now for it):
  NO VEHICLES EXCEPT BUSES AND FOR ACCESS.
   Now Ive been a bus/coach driver most of my life and Ive seen thousands of signs telling me I could not drive/park etc in my bus, but Ive never ever seen a sign like this, anywhere. And at the entrance to a back alley which a bus would struggle down because of its width. And why, apart from a driver wanting to go home for a cup of tea, would a bus even imagine wanting to drive down it.
   Any one local to that area know what its all about

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1666 on: October 01, 2015, 01:20:30 pm »
You're right, Mike, it's bizarre:

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #1667 on: October 01, 2015, 02:13:24 pm »
We drove past this morning, a large car would have problems, let alone a bus !
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Blongb

• I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #1668 on: October 01, 2015, 02:30:57 pm »
It's part of Kings Drive Mike and it runs all the way down to Kings Avenue / Place. If you approch it from the other end there are no restriction signs at all. It could have been put there to stop it being used as a rat run.
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1669 on: October 01, 2015, 03:10:35 pm »
Did the old 'Local' bus go that way to miss the speed humps in Alex Rd when they used mini buses a few years ago?
Valar Morghulis

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1670 on: October 02, 2015, 08:30:54 am »
Did the old 'Local' bus go that way to miss the speed humps in Alex Rd when they used mini buses a few years ago?
Would have thought it might have been a bit tight for any bus, but its possible, I suppose.

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1671 on: October 08, 2015, 02:37:38 pm »
 Another boring outburst from the moaning man holding up the bar.
 About three months ago I decided to try to construct a sand bunker on the course. Bought a delivery of sand and found out £60 doe sent go very far if you think of bunker building.
 Now about two years ago a bad gale on the west shore dumped a whole pile of sand on the corner of Great Ormes road opposite st David's hospice. And there it has lain about two feet deep alongside the  garden walls of around a dozen hotels and houses.
 So, bright idea. Every night on my way home, off to this corner with my trailer and shovel. Backbreaking job, but never mind. I made a couple of dozen runs, the bunker was coming along, and a lot of garden walls saw daylight for the first time in two years. I did' the ask anyone's permission, but I did chat to one or two property owners whilst I was shovelling. There was still plenty of sand left in situe
  I drove past there today some three weeks after finishing my shovelling and I notice that the whole corner is now completely free of sand and the pavement nicely brushed.
  Now, is this coincidence that suddenly, after a two years wait, this job reached the top of the pile for council things to do?
  Or --- perish the thought --- has someone in the upper reaches of Bodlondeb discovered what I was up to and thought --- we cannot have this, members of the public helping themselves to something unwanted by anyone but causing a certain amount of obstruction on the pavement. Get our team out tomorrow and shift all that sand. That will stop him.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1672 on: October 08, 2015, 03:24:34 pm »
Well done Mike for doing your best for the community.  What about a few more bunkers on your golf course and there may be some spare sand on the West Shore cycle track to cover your needs.         :golf:          *tumble*

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1673 on: October 09, 2015, 10:10:22 am »
Every night on my way home, off to this corner with my trailer and shovel. Backbreaking job, but never mind. I made a couple of dozen runs, the bunker was coming along, and a lot of garden walls saw daylight for the first time in two years. I did' the ask anyone's permission, but I did chat to one or two property owners whilst I was shovelling. There was still plenty of sand left in situe

Fair play to you, Mike, I don't think anyone in Llandudno puts as much effort into their business as you do.  $good$  $good$  $good$

Offline spotty dog

« Reply #1674 on: October 09, 2015, 04:28:51 pm »
Does  anyone  want any rocks  for a rocky  I know  where  there  is some unwanted  one's

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1675 on: October 09, 2015, 05:43:13 pm »
North shore by any chance?
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline hollins

« Reply #1676 on: November 05, 2015, 10:35:31 am »
Here are a few autumnal pics to have a look at while you are having your morning coffee. Cheers!

$cofffee$

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1677 on: November 05, 2015, 11:35:20 am »
You're getting good at this photography lark Ms H. I love the last one.
Watch out DaveR, a bit of competition!
Valar Morghulis

Offline hollins

« Reply #1678 on: November 05, 2015, 12:25:32 pm »
 $thanx$ SDQ. I did think about braving the photography section but thought better of it!
I miss DaveR's photos. It has never been the same since he dropped his camera over that wall in Chester.   :(

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1679 on: November 10, 2015, 08:54:29 am »
$thanx$ SDQ. I did think about braving the photography section but thought better of it!
I miss DaveR's photos. It has never been the same since he dropped his camera over that wall in Chester.   :(
I'm a bit busier these days than I used to be, I'm afraid. But there may be an interesting foreign trip coming up shortly that will yield a few nice photos.  $good$