Author Topic: The 3 Towns Coffee centre  (Read 561085 times)

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
Re: The 3 Towns Coffee centre
« Reply #1155 on: January 01, 2013, 08:24:46 am »
Happy New Year to everyone.
Nem.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1156 on: January 01, 2013, 09:55:13 am »
Happy New Year to everyone, time to stock up on Easter Eggs now!  D)  :twoface:
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline white rabbit

• I'm late, I'm late!
« Reply #1157 on: January 01, 2013, 11:02:07 am »
Happy New Year to everyone

Offline hollins

« Reply #1158 on: January 01, 2013, 03:14:39 pm »
Sipping mulled wine and eating mince pies in my shed from where I wish you all a Happy and Healthy New Year.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1159 on: January 01, 2013, 05:06:03 pm »
Good to see such excellent taste in photography too, H.  $good$

Offline snowcap

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1160 on: January 01, 2013, 10:43:54 pm »
Happy New Year to One and All

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1161 on: January 04, 2013, 05:36:08 pm »
I had to laugh today....I was travelling down the A470 by Maenan and saw that the Council were busy cleaning out the drains along the road. On each side of the drain cleaning lorry was a guy holding a Stop/Go sign. Funny thing was....they weren't standing on either side of the lorry, they each had a quad bike to sit on, so they wouldn't have to suffer the ordeal of walking 20 feet every time the drain cleaner moved along to the next drain.  :laugh:  :laugh:

Remember this the next time we hear about no money available for public services!

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #1162 on: January 05, 2013, 08:17:41 am »
they weren't standing on either side of the lorry, they each had a quad bike to sit on, so they wouldn't have to suffer the ordeal of walking 20 feet every time the drain cleaner moved along to the next drain

We encountered that. In fact, I was more bemused by the fact that their stop-go signs were bright, LED-type displays for STOP going South, but normal, faded green for GO, while the second set of signs were the opposite. To be fair, however, I suspect that sort of rolling convoy approach results in far fewer hold ups for traffic.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #1163 on: January 08, 2013, 12:05:56 am »
I want to buy a bike.
The intention being to cycle around the Gt Orme, or to Colwyn Bay and back, as often as I can.
Call it a New Year attempt to get fit.

Trouble is, despite there being LOTS of very cheap bikes at places like JD Sports, Argos etc... I can't try before I buy.
I know I'll buy the wrong one, and then give up the whole idea having wasted my money.
I haven't been on a bike for about 30 years. maybe longer!  $00$
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1164 on: January 08, 2013, 07:14:06 am »
Cycle technology has moved on since the penny farthing!  :laugh:  we have bikes bought at car boot sales, both work very well although we've not been on them for a year since we moved house! You would probably be best going to a good bike shop for the best advice.
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #1165 on: January 08, 2013, 07:20:09 am »
I know I'll buy the wrong one, and then give up the whole idea having wasted my money.

It might be an idea to buy a very cheap one, that has about 10 or so gears, and see if any aspect of the experience is enjoyable. If it transpires that you enjoy it, then you can consider investing a bit more in a half-decent bike. I suspect the saddle is the facet requiring most familiarising....
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1166 on: January 08, 2013, 07:48:09 am »
I want to buy a bike.
_))*  :laugh:  :P  :o 

:cyclist40:

Offline hollins

« Reply #1167 on: January 08, 2013, 07:57:55 am »
There are two bike shops in Colwyn Bay, East End and West End Cycles. We had a repair done at East End and they really knew their job.
On the West End website it says they will hire them so you could try a few out first maybe.
My brother in law has had two knee operations but he finds cycling no problem, in fact it helps a lot so could be just the thing.

Please come and visit us at our new shop at:

West End Cycles
(off A55 Expressway Chester - Junction 18/19)
Conway Road
Llandudno Junction
Llandudno. LL31 9BA

Please telephone us on 01492 593811 or 01492 530269
Email: ukbikes@aol.com

Bike Hire

Bikes available to hire all year round. From as little as £4 per hour. Please telephone / email to book.

Why not ride the Coastal cycle path along the promenade at Rhos on Sea to Prestatyn and enjoy a great day out.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #1168 on: January 08, 2013, 08:33:31 am »
Knowing that you have trouble with your knees I think Hollins idea of hiring a bike for a couple of sessions could be sensible. We bought an excercise bike for my OH when he had had the last knee op, but after puting the thing together he found that he couldn't bend the offending knee far enough to pedal, so we had to dismantle it and return it.
Obviously an excercise bike can be returned (Argos), but I don't know about a bike if you have ridden it around the district.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1169 on: January 08, 2013, 08:54:57 am »
If they won't let you test ride a bike try & cut a deal with them by hiring the bikes they think are closest to your needs and if you eventually buy one they will discount the price by how much you spent on the rental. Should be a fair deal as they already own the rental bike so they wouldn't be losing any money in the deal.

Oh, speaking from experience, if you have any ambitions about tackling Killins Hill or the tram track from the King's Head you might want to put a lot of thought into the ratio of first gear and the more gears the better!  ££$
Valar Morghulis